Good ol' Gobber

Phoenix POV

Me and Astrid decided to get a little training before nightfall. She handed me an axe and I had to throw it at a drawn target on a tree.
"I have to admit, using an axe is way harder then using a bow." She said throwing at at the target. It didn't hit sadly.
"It took me years of training to be this accurate." Astrid told me giving me some hope. I walked towards the axe and picked it up.
"Alright, come at me." She then told me. I looked at her, sweat dripping down my face. Holding the axe was wierd and so much heavier then the bow I was used to. I ran at Astrid, axe in my hand. I swung the axe in the air gaining some momentum before swining down.
*KLANG*
The clashing of metal was heard. Astrid is strong thats for sure. She put more presure on her axe and I couldn't keep a good grip on my axe. Letting go of the weapon it was flung trough the air. Hitting the string of the bow that stood agains the tree. The axe was lodged in the wood and the string snapped.
"Oh gods..." was the only thing I could say. It was silent for a moment. The one time I let my bow out of my sight, and something bad happens. Wait that's not true... but how could I have known about that storm? And I passed out not like I had much of a choice.
"I'm so sorry Phoenix." Astrid said looking at the bow. Thinking about something.
"No- no it's okay... I'll just need a new string for my bow. It's okay." I said picking it up.
"We have a forge, Gobber works there. He'll probably have one for you." Astrid told me.
"Where is the forge?" I asked wanting a new string badly.
"I'll bring you there. Come on." She said walking in the direction of the village.

A bit later we arrived at the forge. There was a bright light coming from inside. When I walked in there was a tall buff man walking around, he a peg leg and arm. The heat from the fire hit me, the cool air no where to be found.
"What can I 'elp ya with lass?" The guy said to Astrid with a strong accent.
"Who da new girl over 'ere" He added to the question.
"Hey Gobber, this is Phoenix. Long story short she's a Dragon rider now. And I just broke the string of her bow... So I came here to ask if you have more string." Astrid asked the blacksmith hoping to get some string.
"Aye, yer lucky lass. I was about ta go." He walked to the back of the shop and came back.
"Ya see we don't need it that often since most use a sword or axe." The man called Gobber said.
"Ya know how to put it on there, lass?" The smith asked me.
"Yes, sir." I told the blacksmith.
"Ah, just call me Gobber. Callin' me sir makes me feel ol'." The big man told me.
"Alright, Gobber. Thank you!" I said thanking the smith.
"It's no problem lass. Nice ta meet ya" Gobber said.

No POV

It is the next day and the gang would meet at the arena. Astrid and Phoenix were early and decided to pick up the training again. Asrtid was about to grab a second axe, but then Phoenix got her bow.
"Aren't you going to use an axe?" She asked the brunette.
"This string is really stiff... I'm going to have to get it a little more uhm... usable?" Phoenix replied while aiming at the target that was set up.
"Suit yourself." The blonde said. Swinging the axe at the target.
"Bull's eye!" She said when it hit.
"That was impressive... But can you do this?" Phoenix said as she grabbed 2 more arrows, shooting them all at once. 2 hit the the target and the last was a bit off.
"Ahw... And that's why I have to loosen up the string a bit." Phoenix said with a frown on her face. That's when they heard the familiar voices of the other riders.
"Do you still think you have a chance to beat her, Snotlout?" A voice from outside of the arena said. The shape of Fishlegs and Meatlug was visible in the sky.
"Ofcourse!" The familiar sound of Snotlout's cocky voice was heard. He flew next to Fishlegs and the other riders, who also where there. They all flew closer and landed in the arena. That's when Phoenix realized she was missing someone.
"Morning guys! Really quick question. Has any of you seen the little guy? I let him roam Berk on his own, but he never returned." Phoenix said acting as if she didn't hear the conversation from earlier. The only thing she could think about was the Terrible Terror.
"He is probably at Gothi's hut, our healer. The Terrible Terrors love her." Fishlegs guessed thinking of the options.
"Aslong as he's having fun and not in danger...Then I'm not going to panic right now." Phoenix said as she seemed to relax a bit.
"So are you ready to go?" Hiccup asked the two girls.
"Yeah." Both girls said. As they walked towards the Sand Wraith and deadly Nadder.

They have been up in the air for a while now, they already entered the fog that protected Helheim's gate.
"So what do you think the island will look like, Hiccup?" The Gronckle rider asked.
"I still wonder what happend to the body of the Red Death..." Hiccup said looking at his leg.
"Oh yeah... that's right. You were unconscious." Fishlegs said sounding sorry.
"I guess we are going to find out soon because there is the island." Astrid said looking infront of her.
"Wasn't this place supposed to be crouded with dragons?" The male twin asked.
"It was... I guess they all left the island after the death of their queen." Fishlegs explained.
"No sign of the giant dragon body you talked about though." Phoenix added while looking around her.
"Let's all just explore and try to find a cave, or something that could be hidden on the island." Hiccup said eager to know more about this 'secret' that the Dragon Eye talked about.

They all searched untill Phoenix found something. It was a cave. She walked inside to see if there is anything special.
special.
"Okay boy, give me some light!" Phoenix said to the dragon. A yellow blast was shot and gave enough light for Phoenix to see. And what Phoenix saw was loads of carvings in the wall.
"We need you to give a waring blast so the others know to come." Phoenix asked the dragon. He nodded and waited for her call. They walked out of the cave when Phoenix gave the sign.
"Alright boy, Sparks!" Phoenix told the dragon while pointing to the sky. The dragon let out a blast of fire that exploded like fireworks. A moment later the other dragons showed up.
"I guess you found something?" Astrid said as she and Stormfly landed.
"Yeah, just take a look inside of this cave." Phoenix said pointing to the entrance.

. . .