Defenders Island

They all walked inside of the cave, the fire from before still burning and giving light. All the carvings were still visible.
"Is this another map?" Fishlegs asked to no one in particular.
"I think it is." Hiccup said inspecting the cave wall.
"But I don't think I've seen this island on any map before." Hiccup added.
"Isn't that Defenders of the Wing island though?" Astrid said pointing to one of the island on the map.
"Yeah... I think it is. Lets go there and ask them, they might know more about it." Hiccup said as he took a notebook and copied the map.
"Alright, lets go." He said as he finished the map. They all walked out of the cave where most of the dragons where waiting.
"Wait! Are we leaving right away?" Phoenix asked as she and Sol came out of the cave. Hiccup had already jumped on Toothless' sadde.
"Yeah, you ready to meed the Defenders?" He asked. Phoenix jumped on Sol's saddle and gave him a determined smile. With one motion of the Night fury's wings they were already in the sky, while the rest followed them.

They've been flying for a while now, it was around midday. It was time for their dragons to rest their wings. Hiccup seemed to be thinking about something, and that didn't go unnoticed by Astrid. So she walked up to Hiccup and sat next to him.
"I know that look so just tell me what's up babe." She said to her boyfriend.
"It's nothing really." He answered persistent.
"No I know you are thinking about something, so just spit it out." She said  knowing he would tell her eventually.
"Alright, if this map could show us the location of the Night Fury's." He said taking a deep breath.
"Wouldn't that be amazing? I mean Toothless could finally be with his own kind and... oh yeah..." Astrid trailed of realizing what she said.
"But that's not the only thing I'm worried about. Yes he could leave me that's one, but what if he really is the last one? Or what if they don't accept him? So much could go south from here... and I'm not sure if I am ready to let go, or handle what is going to happen." He said thinking about the dragon who cared for him when no one else did and gave him a purpose.
"I'm sure Toothless wouldn't just leave you. First of, he needs you he can't and doens't even want to fly without you. Second, you guys are like brothers! There is no Hiccup without Toothless or Toothless without Hiccup. You and Toothless were meant to be together even if the events of the past were different." Astrid said trying to cheer Hiccup up.
"Thank you milady." He said giving Astrid a kiss afterwards. Hiccup stood up and turned around.
"Is every one ready to get going again?" Hiccup asked the riders. They all confirmed and Hiccup looked in the direction of Toothless who was playing with Sol. Phoenix was watching the two with a smile on her face. Now that he got a good look at the dragons together something clicked, maybe the Night Fury race was closer then he thought.

Hiccup's POV

We were getting closer and closer to the island we were heading for and that meant getting closer to the awnsers. Maybe the Defenders would know more about the Sand Wraiths and their origin. And hopefully know more about this island. I got woken up from my train thought when people started calling my name.
"Hiccup!" One of the voice said one more time before I looked in the direction where it came from. It was Astrid.
"We are almost there." She said pointing forward. I looked at where she was pointing and saw the island grow bigger the closer we got. As the island was beneath us we started to fly lower to land in the village.
"Welcome back, Hiccup Haddock." Was heard as Mala walked towards us.  She spotted Phoenix and before I could say anything she said:
"So before anything else may I know who the new rider is?" Mala asked me. Oh Gods... lets hope she is not as stubborn as dad... was the only thing I could think.
"This is Phoenix Grimborn. And before you attack, she is with us; and has just as much issues with the Dragon Hunters as us. Even if Viggo is her brother..." Hiccup said because after he said her name he saw al the defenders get on edge.
"Guards! Let her be. If they trust her, we must too." Mala said in a calm manner. This shocked the rider a bit.
"Wait? It's nice you do this, but this just seems to easy.... Has something happend?" Astrid finally decided to speak up.

Phoenix POV

"A man was once brought here, on the back of a dragon. His name ... Lyall Grimborn. His Triple Stryke brought him here, he had a deadly disease... The Triple Stryke wanted us to help him. But we couldn't. I'm sorry to inform you Phoenix Grimborn if he was your family... He has perished." Mala said looking at Phoenix. Phoenix took in all the information. He had a dragon himself... How did he get sick though? That's when I started to get tears in my eyes. He had died... just like my eldest brother and mother. Sol saw this and twisted his tail around me, while he nuzzeld my face.
"It's okay boy... I had accepted the fact that he might have died a while ago. I- it gives me some rest to know for sure." I said wiping a fallen tear away.
"From the short time your dad was here with us, I can see you have so much in common." Mala spoke up as she watched the scene happening in fron of her. This got my attention. Mala went on with what she had to say.
"If that Triple Stryke didn't care as much for your father as he did, he would have just died and no one would have known. But he tried to get help from us anyway. I can see that dragon of yours cares for you too. So, for what it's worth to you, consider us your ally." Mala said before she said one more thing.
"His dragon still roams our island, and stays as close to your fathers grave as he can." She finished.

. . .