CHAPTER ONE

The knife spun in her hands two times before she pushed the sharp blade into the mans eyes beside her as her other hand gripped her longer black hair tightly

The knife spun in her hands two times before she pushed the sharp blade into the mans eyes beside her as her other hand gripped her longer black hair tightly. One stab quickly penetrated the eye before she pushed the knife into the other eye. The man died instantly and she let got of the man's head and his body collided with the wooden floor. The gasps and screams filled her ears as her facial expression didn't move one inch. She had looked Ivar deep in the eyes the whole time. She stabbed the knife into the thick wooden table as she sucked on her teeth.

Freya only stood there as the main hall had grown quiet, no one expecting someone like her who fought for the saxons to commit such a murder in front of them all, surrounded by heathens who could've killed her immediately. She took a step back and took a bow, it was sarcastic and nothing but mockery for the King and Queen.

"Your highness." Freya said as her eyes were burning like untamable flames, that devoured anything in its way. Her jaw clenched, making her jaw even more prominent, sharp as her own blades. Soon a chuckle left Ivar's lips as he clapped his hands together. Yet before he could speak she turned around and left the main hall. "She has agreed to fight for us!" Ivar hollered and the people in the room cheered loudly. Astrid glanced up at her husband who's jaw flexed tightly as his eyes followed Freya who walked outside.

"You think it's safe for us to keep her unchained?" Hvitserk asked before stuffing a piece of chicken in his mouth. His words made Harald chuckled before he took a sip of mead.

"Hvitserk, are you afraid of her?" Harald asked with an amused smile on his face. "Are you afraid of a little christian bítch like her?" He continued with venom in his voice. Before Hvitserk could answer Freya walked back into the room, now only a few people around them bothered to look at her. However the main people in the room looked at her.

"I would like my blades back." Freya said with a neutral expression on her face, her voice as flat it could get.

"Your blades?" Harald taunted her and she looked him in the eyes.

"Yes, my set of eleven blades in various of sizes, one larger dagger and my sword." Freya said in a demanding tone. "I think I'm entitled to that now." She spat and Harald chuckled.

"Entitled?" Harald said as he drank form his cup. "You'll get them when we've decided to give you them." He continued and she only looked at him in the eyes.

"You saw what I just did to that thing and I can promise you that I won't hesitate to do the same to you if I don't get my blades back." Freya said with a serious tone in her voice. The talking in the room stopped at the King was threatened openly by the previous prisoner.

"Still trying to be brave I see." Harald taunted her and she raised her brow.

"Ivar has a dagger on the left side of his jacket, in the smaller hidden pocket covered in studs. It's fifteen inches long and small like a needle. A little to the right there's a thirty-eight inch sword on his right side, sharp backhanded sword with leathered covered handle with his name written in runes on the blade. Either one works for me to take and in a matter of seconds your body will be laying lifeless on the floor, accompanying him." Freya said as a matter of factly, pointing at the dead man on the floor with black empty eyes. "So to avoid difficulties I would like my blades back." She continued like she had said nothing wrong. Ivar only chuckled softly.