CHAPTER TWO

Freya and Ivar looked deeply into each others eyes, both their light blue eyes were glowing in the moonlight

Freya and Ivar looked deeply into each others eyes, both their light blue eyes were glowing in the moonlight. Breaths rugged almost as the tension between them had somewhat lightened yet there was something else there that was building, thickening slowly the longer they stared at each other. Ivar were about to pull his hand back yet Freya kept a firm grip of his hand in hers.

"My blades?" Freya asked with a stern expression and Ivar smirked.

"You'll get them, they're probably in your new cabin." Ivar said and she raised her brow as she let got of his hand.

"So you tell me that I just had to kill one of your men to be treated like royalty?" Freya asked him and he chuckled.

"We're pushing towards the same goal now." Ivar said as the wind blew in her hair slightly. Ivar's eyes roamed her face, him licking the bottom of it as he did so. Freya was attractive and dangerous, two things that got Ivar going. He admired her ferocious attitude and enjoyed that she was attractive while doing it. Her long chestnut brown hair was similar to women he had grown up with, her attire as well yet she had grown up miles away in a christian land with a christian mother. He could see the heathen side of her both physical but also her mentality, less of the christian side. The longer he stared at her the more familiar her features got.

"Stop staring Ivar, it's rude." Freya said before looking towards the ocean, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm just trying to figure things out." Ivar said as he looked at the ocean as well. Freya looked at him with a frown on her face.

"You don't need to stare at me to figure things out." Freya spat and he rolled his eyes.

"I do since you are involved." Ivar said truthfully and she continued to frown.

"Stop thinking about me. Creep." Freya said and he chuckled.

"I bet you're thinking about me as well." Ivar said as he looked at her. Freya looked back, meeting his eyes which he approved off, she wasn't scared to look at him. Her body oozed confidence.

"Why would I be thinking about you? You're not that appealing." Freya said as she bit the inside of her cheek. It was a lie, Ivar was very attractive and it didn't bother her that he was limping slightly. She had heard stories that Ivar had been crawling and when he was straight up walking he oozed power and she could feel it. It made certain muscles contract deep inside her, she found it very appealing. It had made her question herself repeatedly since he was a pagan, something she shared too fifty percent. Ivar laughed and it felt as if heavens angels sang.

"I never said that I was thinking something naughty only that you were involved. I could've been thinking about how I'm going to use you against Lagertha, our enemies. Or how I will kill you one of these days." Ivar said and raised his brow at her as she scoffed. "Plus I'm not that bad. I'm quite the catch." He added and she laughed. Ivar looked at her with admiration and a small smile on his face when he watched her laugh. The way her face wrinkled slightly suited her, it made her look innocent. He bit his lip as he tried to figure out who she resembled yet he couldn't figure it out.

"If you say so, Boneless." Freya said as she tried to contain her smirk.

"You said that you knew a pagan forced themselves onto your mother and that you're the result of it." Ivar being and tried to walk around eggshells.

"And now you want to ask if I know who it is." Freya said and raised her brow.

"Yes." Ivar said.

"Why?" Freya asked and he shrugged. "But no, I don't know who he is. My mother never spoke about it so I can't know for sure if the men who returned was my father." She said and he nodded.

"I'm sorry." Ivar said as he looked her in the eyes and she gave him a small smile.

"Don't be." She said. "You personally have nothing to do with it. The only thing I'm sure about is that he was one of your kind." She added and he hummed. Silence engulfed them as they watched the ocean and the moonlight mirrored in it.

"Can I leave or did you have more things to say?" Freya asked after a while and Ivar raised his brow as he chuckled.

"Am my company that bad?" Ivar asked, faking the hurt in his voice as their eyes met yet again. Freya smirked while moving slightly closer.

"No. Only the stench." Freya said and he chuckled.

"I never took you for one being sensitive." Ivar teased and she snorted.

"I'm not. Yet me resting to the smell says a thing or two." Freya said as she walked away, back towards the cabins and the main hall.

"Do you even know where you are going?" Ivar said as he turned around, he soon started to follow her. His eyes roamed her body even in the lack of light. Freya peeked over her shoulder after letting her eyes roam the streets of Rogaland, a hideous place.

"I didn't think you would tell me if I asked so I thought about pushing your brother against the wall and he would've told me." Freya answered and Ivar chuckled. She smelled herself before looking back at Ivar. "I smell as well and in need of a bath. I don't have time for your games and you brother I terrified of me." She continued.

"The majority of them inside those walls holds some fright for you, Freya." Ivar said as he somewhat walked towards her. She crossed her arms over her chest.

"But not you." She said.

"But not me." He confirmed.

"Because you're not inside those walls." She said as they eyes had been locked the whole time.

"Your cabin is down there, next to one with my banners on it." Ivar said and she raised her brow.

"I'm sleeping next to you?" She asked, scrunching her nose in disgust.

"Yes, and the King and Queen." Ivar said with a smirk. Freya only chuckled before making her way towards her cabin.

"Night Ivar." Freya almost sang with a smirk on her lips.

"Night Freya." Ivar said with a wide smirk on his lips. "Lock the door, you never know what could happen." He said and she laughed.

"Let them come Ivar. Let them come!" Freya answered, turning to look at him as she walked backwards with her arm wide open. "Even you are welcome if you are tough enough." She taunted him and a fire started to smolder in her eyes.

"Is that a challenge I hear?" Ivar asked with a smile on his face.

"No. You're not good enough." She answered before turning her back against him and headed towards her cabin. A sigh left her lips once she entered, her eyes quickly searching for her blades and a heavy breath left her lips once her eyes rested on the shiny metal on the bed. A fire was burning peacefully and a tub was already filled with warm water. She ignored the welcoming sight of the tub and walked over to her blades. Her fingers touched the smooth and sharp blades, the cold metal almost seeing shovers down her back. She sucked in a breath when the blade of her needle cut into her tender fingertip. A drop of blood soon appeared on her finger, she licked her bottom lip before sucking the blood away. The faint taste of warm metallic blood filled her senses.

Then she started to undress. Her jacket, tunic and pants fell to the floor one by one. She rolled her neck, hearing the cracking of the bones, the almost dull sound to the large cervical vertebrae. She stepped into the water. Unknown of the danger that lurked around her cabin, like a predator hunting its prey. Freya sat there, with her front facing the door. She wet her long brown hair, removing the sweat, blood and dirt of it. All while her eyes were resting on the door. Her muscles enjoyed the warmth of the bath.