Day 8: Reason 8

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work

***

I never thought that I could get to a point and say, I don't think of death anymore. If my old self-heard this, she could look the person in the eye and say it's all lies. Here I am only on the 8th day, but seven reasons are enough for me.

I don't need the rest of the four. I know I don't. I've gotten past using all my problems as a ladder to climb to death. 'Death knocks on your door. But you can never knock on Death's door.' It took me seven days to find this out, and I'm happy I did. I'm happy Alan came into my life. I'm happy he pushed me away from that edge and last of all I'm happy he agreed to my deal.

If not of that deal, if he never agreed, if he never appeared in my life. Only God would know where I would end up in. "So, to end up career day, we'll be having a doctor over. She's the very last worker, that'll visiting our school."

I watch happily as a woman comes in. Her hair is tied up in a smooth clean bun. "I'm a pediatrician. As you all know, in a child doctor that specializes in all kids physical and mental behavior. Graduated from medical school nine years ago where I studied pediatrics. Trust me it never is an easy job, but when you get to see those smiles of kids every day. Or that smile their parents give you thanking you for saving that kid it all works out." She takes a deep breath and her smile returns.

"Over when I was still a trainee, trust me it was hard. I had issues with my teachers and the other kid's but giving up was never a word in my dictionary and it still isn't. There are different types of doctors out theirs. Hospitalist, Surgeon, Cardiologist, Dermatologist, Endocrinologist. This is just naming few, there are about a hundred types of doctor, but you know what does make our job more special. The fact that at the end of the day you get to see that thankful patient. Their smile that just happens to always brighten your day."

"Now I'm not forcing you to follow my path, there are a thousand different path you can follow. What really matters is if every day that job makes you smile." I listen carefully, going through the different types of doctors and the one to best fit me.

I can feel Alan staring at me, but I ignore it, too deep in the women talking. She talks about the advantage and disadvantages, but most of all how doctors save lives every day. "So, who thinks they would like or love or maybe thinking about taking a route in doctoring?" My hands shoot up like arrows and the woman smiles at me as a few kids in the crowd raises their hands to join me.

They aren't that much but who cares I already know my future. At least some way to my future, and I'm already building a bridge to it. A future that I will surely have, no matter the circumstance.

As I walk out the class Alan following behind me with his hands on my shoulders. "Reason eight Josephine. You really want to be a doctor. Dying won't get you closer to your dreams."

  @LittleCupid101 Here is my cover for supernatural