✱ chapter five

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

"I can't do anything this weekend," I mutter at Nayoung who had a pout formed on her face.

Yesterday after I got home from being Jungkook's slave, my parents grounded me from going anywhere this weekend.

Lucky for me, Nayoung invited me to go to a party this exact weekend when I'm forced to play dungeon.

Best part? It's Taehyung's party.

Hip hip hooray!

"Did you tell your parents that this was Jungkook's doing?" She says, grabbing my arms and shaking them.

I sighed sadly and nodded my head. "Of course I did. They're just mad because I forgot to text them about coming home late, which I get. But why did it have to be this weekend out of all weekends?"

This weekend was going to be my weekend. I was finally going to gather all my courage and ask Taehyung to dance with me at his party.

That's so middle school.

You can't blame me, Taehyung's always intimidated me when it came to my feelings for him.

I mean, have you seen the guy? There's no way he's real.

"What if you ask your parents for an exchange week? Like, instead of this weekend being grounded, why not next weekend?" Nayoung suggests, her eyes sparking at the idea.

"Oh honey, don't you think I've tried?" I groan, freeing my arms from her grip and stuffing my face into my hands.

It's cool. I'll just admire Taehyung from afar.

It's what I do best anyways.

There was no way I was going to be able to talk to him at his party anyways, let alone ask him to dance with me. Every time I converse with him, I end up blushing like a tomato or I fumble with my words. I become a wreck.

Well, aren't I wreck anyways?

Sure, Taehyung and I were friends, but it was more one-sided. He usually does all the talking while I gawk at him and pretend I'm listening.

It's a great friendship.

I hear Nayoung sigh as I lift my head to face her. "Jungkook makes your life impossible. You know what, why not make his life impossible too?"

"Pretty sure this is how our rivalry works. He makes me life hell while I barely put a dent in his." I mutter angrily.

Out of all the years I've been head-to-head with him, I've never once seen him affected by something I've done to him.

Oh right, that's because he always wins.

I would have thought that some of the things I've said to him would at least make him angry, but I never get a reaction. Instead, he always replies with that same stupid amused smirk.