✱ chapter ten

thank you for 100 reads! ♡

miyoung pov

"First period was wild." Nayoung commented right next to me, plopping a grape into her mouth.

The events from first period still hadn't left my mind. From Taehyung being an awkward mess to Jungkook lashing out on us, everything was turning inside my head.

I didn't respond to her, opening up my wrapper to reveal my cheese sandwich. I bit into it, hoping all this drama would fade away into nothingness.

To top it all off, the whole class was watching the scenes unfold.

But of course, no one decided to step in. After all, watching is better than actually doing anything, right?

I had never been more embarrassed in my life. Sure, Taehyung and I being awkward in front of the class was mortifying, but when I burst out at Jungkook? I don't think I've ever been more worked up at him in my life.

To be completely honest, I don't even know why I'm so worked up over it. I mean sure, he jumped to conclusions and was being rude, but why did I come back at him like that? Why was I so defensive?

Oh wait.

It was when he said that thing about Taehyung and I confessing our love for one another in front of the classroom. That shook me up.

It's like he read my mind and saw that my crush on Taehyung would be okay to share with the class. Thanks, Jeon!

And plus, Taehyung? No way. There was no way.

"Taehyung's coming this way." Nayoung muttered. My head shot up to confirm to see indeed Taehyung was making his way over to us.

I internally groaned. It wasn't that I didn't want to see him, of course I would want to see that god-like complexion every chance I got. I just didn't want anything awkward to happen again. Thank God I had Nayoung to back me up here.

"Hey Miyoung." he greeted as he approached us. I offered him a small wave.

Nayoung looked between us both and stood up. "Well, it looks like you two need to work out some stuff so I'll be heading to the canteen to see if they're selling any more food. Bye guys!" And with that, she skipped away.

My mouth dropped as I watched her retreating figure. So much for her having my back.

Taehyung took the opportunity and sat down beside me. It was silent between us, me eating my sandwich and him looking out into the distance.

This is exactly what I didn't want. Why did we both have to be so awkward?

If I can recall correctly, Taehyung isn't an awkward person. He's always cracking jokes in class to make everyone laugh and he'll talk to anyone. He's a social butterfly.