✱ chapter eleven

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

After I left Taehyung by himself at lunch, I was now currently searching for Jungkook. I had asked around but no one had seen him after third period ended.

Where could this sucker have gone?

A light bulb went off in my head.

Of course he would be there.

I ran back out of the school and onto the field to see that indeed Jungkook was all alone on the benches.

To see Jungkook alone was a rare sight to say the least. He was always with Taehyung and some of his other friends. If he wasn't with them, there was at least one girl with him, normally a whole pack of them.

I stopped walking and observed him. He was sitting there with no lunch, just looking out onto the field. There was absolutely no one practicing on the field.

He must be in deep thought.

"Jungkook!" I called out, running towards him. His face immediately shot up, the trance he was in was gone.

As I was getting nearer and nearer, I could see that he was not very pleased to see me. A frown was etched on his face.

Eh, when is he ever pleased to see me?

I approached him, sitting next to him on the benches. It was silent for a while before he spoke up. "What are you doing here?" He asked coldly.

"I know why you're so worked up about the whole thing." I stated.

His face suddenly went pale. "What?"

I chuckled half-heartedly, "I don't know why I didn't realize it in class this morning. I'm so slow when it comes to these things. I'm pretty disappointed in myself for not realizing."

Jungkook's head turned to look at me, the same ghost-like expression danced on his face.

"I mean, the signs were all there!"

His eyes widened ever so slightly, his cheeks beginning to change to a rosy pink color. He quickly ducked his head down and cleared his throat. "What do you mean? Get to the point, you're wasting my time."

Was Jungkook blushing? What the heck?

I dismissed the thought as quickly as it appeared into my brain and faced him. "You were so over-the-top with me kissing Taehyung because you don't want your rival since childhood coming near your best friend!"

Jungkook looked up at me, his lips parted ever so slightly. "Wait, what?"

"Yep! I mean, even for you, you stooped pretty low. I see where you're coming from though. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't want to see Nayoung kissing you anytime soon. God knows what I would do to the both of you."

The thought of Nayoung kissing Jungkook made me sick to the stomach. It's highly unlikely for her to do that, seeing that she also does not like him. But if it were ever to happen, I don't know what I would do.

"I see how you were uncomfortable with that," I started again when Jungkook didn't respond. "And I guess I'm sorry. But there was no need for you to act out the way you did, especially to Taehyung."

His eyebrows furrowed at me. "Miyoung. . . can you really be that thick-headed?"

"What?"

He shook his head and looked out to the field. "Nothing. But yeah, you're right, it was uncomfortable to see my best friend and rival kissing. I guess I'm sorry for lashing out to the two of you in front of everyone."

My eyes widened. I chuckled and slapped his arm, earning a tiny glare from him. "Did Jeon Jungkook really just apologize?"

The said boy rolled his eyes and flicked me off. "This conversation never happened."

I giggled and let out a hum in response.

We sat in silence for a couple of brief moments.

It was strangely relaxing sitting out here with Jungkook with no one around us. The wind was flowing through our hair, the sun was shining right on us, illuminating every feature on our faces perfectly.

Well, I don't know about mine, but it sure did on Jungkook's.

As much as I hate to admit it, Jungkook was a really good-looking guy.

The sun kissed his golden skin, as if Jungkook had put highlighter on this morning. He was literally glowing.

I forced myself to look away and mentally slapped myself. Way to go, Miyoung!

"You know," I let out, seeing from the corner of my eye that he turned his head to see what I was about to say, "I technically won."

He tilted his head ever so slightly. "What do you mean?"

"I got you to say sorry. I'm probably the first ever person to acheive that, hm? Also, I made you angry that you could see the devil horns rising up on your head." I say triumphantly.

"Well first off, you aren't the first person to get me to say sorry. I say it to my parents." I groaned at his snarky comment. "And second off, we never agreed on a competition, so your first place is invalid. Nice try."

I groaned again and threw my head back.

I can never beat this guy!

One day, one day I will get him.

He jumped off the bench and held on to his backpack straps, sending a small smirk his way. "What a nice way to spend my lunch period. See you later Miss Second Place!" And with that, he turned around and began to speed walk to the building.

I jumped off the bench, making sure to grab all of my belongings before following him.

"Jungkook, how many times have I told you to stop calling me that?!"

chapter eleven
ksjshw