✱ chapter six

miyoung pov

miyoung pov

"How exactly are we going to convince my parents to let me go to a party with a boy I don't even know?" I ask, clutching onto the straps of my backpack tightly as I stare at the front door that lead to my home.

Nayoung had previously stated that she had a plan to get me to come to this party, but she never specified the details.

She looked over at me with a bright smile, "Chin up, darling. You'll see."

I shivered. She gives me the creeps.

We walked in to my house, already coming face-to-face with my parents.

I could tell by the looks on their faces that they had already disapproved of Nayoung being here.

I swear it wasn't my fault, she just followed me home.

"Mr and Mrs. Park, hello!" Nayoung greets my parents cheerfully as I close the door behind us with gloom taking over. Whatever plan was going through her head was definitely not going to work out.

"Nayoung. . . What brings you here today?" My mom asks, shooting me a quick questioning look before plastering on a smile on her face.

Nayoung beams, "Well, Miyoung told me that she was grounded this weekend."

My mom nods, "Correct."

"But the things is," Nayoung started, batting her eyelashes. Uh oh, there was no good thing coming out of this one. "We actually have a project due for World Lit next week, and we were planning on working on it together this weekend."

My parents exchange looks at each other then back to me, "Is that true, Miyoung? Why didn't you say anything before?"

I gulp nervously and let my eyes dance around the room. "W-Well—"

"It was just assigned yesterday." Nayoung quickly butts in, shooting me a glare in the process.

I bite my lip from preventing me to spill anything. I hated lying to my parents, especially if it was all to go to some stupid party.

Unpopular from most teenage belief, I actually really value my parent's opinion and what they think of me. They mean a lot to me and they treat me like they should.

I hated going against their backs like this.

I totally thought Nayoung's plan was going to be to convince them into letting me go or something like that, not twisting the story around!

"Well," my dad said, looking back at me. I could feel the sweat beginning to run down my forehead. "I do feel like we were a little harsh on you for coming home late. You're free to go this weekend."

Nayoung turned to smile at me as I let out a weak one back to her.

Before I knew what I was doing, I ran up to my parents and hugged them. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I promise I will make it up to you on Sunday."

Well there goes my honesty is the best policy motto.

Next thing off the list: get a guy I don't even know to be my date to Taehyung's birthday.

Great.

-- next day --

"Today is Operation Get Miyoung a Date for Taehyung's Party!" Nayoung cheers, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

She starts leading to me to a classroom. "Wait, I thought you said you already had someone picked out for me?"

She nods and stops in front of a classroom. "And I didn't lie. Youngjae, come here!"

My eyes widen as I turn my head around to see the one and only Yoo Youngjae headed our direction.

(a/n: just in case anyone is wondering who this handsome guy is, he is yoo youngjae from bap)

I gawked at him until he came over, flashing Nayoung a smile. "How may I help you?"

He even has manners? Major swoon.

I've heard of Youngjae from time to time, but it was nothing more than how he styled his hair or how good he looked that particular day.

I haven't had the chance to talk to him or to have any classes with him. I've just kinda seen him walk around the halls and go, That's Youngjae.

But seeing him up in front of my face? Breathing the same air I'm breathing? Speaking with me? I think I've died and gone to heaven.

"You know that favor I texted you yesterday about?" Nayoung sweetly asked.

He nodded and turned to look at me, "Is she Miyoung?"

He knows my name? Goodbye world.

I nodded my head, "That would be me."

Wait, what did Nayoung text him yesterday?

How did she even get his number in the first place?

Youngjae chuckles while running his hand through his hair, "I'm Yoo Youngjae," He introduces smoothly, sticking out his hand for me to shake. "Nayoung texted me last night and told me that her friend Miyoung needed a date for Taehyung's party Saturday, correct?"

I grabbed his hand shook it briefly, "Yeah, I kind of got myself stuck in a situation."

He laughed, "Yeah, Nayoung told me all about it. Hey, could I get your number so I can know when to pick you up and stuff for Saturday?"

"Yeah!" I enthusiastically tell him my number, watching him punch in the digits.

"Great," he says, putting his phone in his pocket and flashing me a cute smile, "I'll text you later and we'll figure out all the details. See you Saturday!"

"Okay, bye!"

Youngjae strolled back in his classroom while Nayoung and I walked out of there quickly to squeal.

So far, I wasn't dreading Saturday.

chapter six
ksjshw