✱ chapter seventeen

thank you for 1K reads! i'm speechless right now omg

thank you for 1K reads! i'm speechless right now omg. thank you for supporting this story!

miyoung pov

"Jeon Jungkook!" I called out once I saw him on the field.

Today I had decided that I would confront him about the kiss. After the talk with Nayoung two days ago, I've thought a lot about it.

There's been a lot of confronting lately.

No, nothing about him liking me or any of the sort. More like what did he gain from doing it.

Jungkook turned his head to look at me, a small smirk on his face.

Man, he already knows what I'm going to say before I even open my mouth.

I walk up to him with my head held high and my arms crossed on my chest. I wanted to appear intimidating, but we all know that I would never be intimidating to Jungkook.

"We gotta talk." I say firmly once I catch up with him. His sick smirk is still on his face as he lets out a small chuckle, leading me to the benches where we had our last confrontation.

Is this the confrontation zone?

We sit down. He waits for me to speak with an eyebrow raised. "So, what you need to talk about, Miss Second Place?"

I grit my teeth and ignore him. "About Saturday. I thought about your actions a lot."

He leans back slightly, his eyebrow raised as he continues looking at me. "Oh did you now? You enjoyed it so much that you came begging for more?"

Rolling my eyes, I respond, "No, that's disgusting. I just want to confront you. You know I can't let things go without finally getting an answer."

"Yeah, you over think things a lot."

"Shut up." I hiss. "Anyways, you kissed me because you had something to gain. What was it?"

Jungkook's eyebrows furrow. "Something to gain?"

I nod vigorously. "Yep. What was it?" I question again.

He was silent for a while, just staring at me with disbelief plastered on his face.

I don't understand why he's so confused, it's just a simple question with a simple answer to come with it.

After a few moments of another stare-down, he responds. "Are you serious right now Miyoung?"

That got me to confused. "Huh?"

"You seriously don't get it?"

I was flabbergasted. "Well, if I got it, I wouldn't be asking you now would I?"

Jungkook huffed out a breath. "I just did it to get a reaction out of you. It's so funny to see you mad. Did you think that that kiss meant something?"

"Of course not, I knew it didn't mean anything because it came from you." I said slightly annoyed. "But I figured you just did it to annoy me like you do everything."

He scoffed. "What do you mean 'coming from me?' That hurt."

I chuckled. "Well, you're Jungkook. Nothing you do to me is out of emotion."

It was silent for a while before he muttered a small whatever.

I stood up, now feeling satisfied that I got my answer. I stretched out and started to head down the benches.

"You have no idea." I heard him mutter behind me.

That sent shivers down my spine. Flashbacks from him pinning me to my wall and kissing me came roaring in my mind.

I shook my head and got rid of the thoughts as quickly as it entered. I started heading away when I heard a couple of Jungkook's friends whispering behind me.

"Jungkook enjoys it when Miyoung chases after him all the time, huh?"

"Probably."

I grit my teeth and storm out of the field, ignoring the other whispers.

Those idiots! I don't chase Jungkook. Well, at least not in the way I think they're thinking about.

I do chase Jungkook but that's only to beat him. I'll go to great lengths just to get first.

But I can't ever seem to beat him.

Why is Jungkook so good at everything?

chapter seventeen
ksjshw

sorry that this chapter is short, i wrote this really quickly while i'm waiting for my flight to arrive at the airport.

also i saw that this popular account/author had a jungkook book also titled "in time" HDJSJ i hope no one thinks that i stole her title or anything, her book is brand new while this has been out for a while. i just got the title from a monsta x song YEEET