The End

In which I learn that demons do in fact lie and I do my best to seduce my husband because divorced life sucks.

~~~~

I was waiting.

I had been doing that a lot but I had a specific reasoning. It had been a month since Maz had left me to my tears and my crazy cat lady life. He was lucky I hadn't gone out and bought seven more cats after he dumped me. It had been tempting, a lot of the necklaces and jewels he had given me could completely fund any crazy cat lady dreams I had but it was very hard for me to handle the jewellery let alone sell it.

So I was waiting.

As I mentioned previously, I had been waiting for a very specific reason. That being Maz was a dirty little liar and he had been coming to see me during the night. Not in a sexy way, I wouldn't be complaining about that, the fact was he would come and watch me for a bit before he would leave again. How did I know this? I had accidentally woke up a few nights ago to him brushing my hair from my face. Once I had realized he was visiting me I had been setting up a trap to get my husband back because single life sucked.

I wanted him to come home. I didn't care about my eternal soul. I just wanted him back.

It sounded a bit pathetic but the sex was phenomenal and I knew I would never find a guy who was like that for me ever again, Maz had told me that specifically. That and he was just a sweetheart and I missed him being with me, teasing me with sexual innuendos in a fancy restaurant, arguing with my cat, or being excited and hypnotized by fucking rope. He was cute and adorable, and sexy, and I loved him.

Was it so wrong of me to want him back? Was loving him such a horrible thing?

I didn't think so. Love was love, regardless of to who it was.

I focused on my breathing, trying not to sound too awake as I listened carefully for his entrance. I always knew he arrived because Sibby greeted him with a soft meow. I was waiting for it because I just wanted to do my best to make sure that Maz knew just how much I wanted him back and that I wasn't going to just give up without a fight.

My heart jumped as I heart that soft greeting meow from Sibby and I swallowed hard, making my breathing evening out as I heard Maz's faint rumbling reply to my cat. I waited, trying very hard not to have my heart thumping hard in my chest as my bedroom door opened slowly and carefully. I could smell him, feel him, in the room. It brought me a sense of peace and want that I wished to never stop feeling again.

He had moved closer, I could feel his presence as he reached over and he brushed some hair from my face. He was careful not to move too quickly and the movements were so soft and gentle that I wanted to cry. I gave a slow inhale before I shifted. "Come to bed, Maz." My voice seemed overly loud in the dark and Maz immediately retreated. "Please." I sat up, looking around for him but he had seemingly faded into the shadows. "Maz." I tried very hard not to let my voice tremble as my eyes started to burn.

"I can't do that." His voice was a low and rasping rumble that slid over my skin and made my shiver with an intense want to have him close to me.

"Can't or won't?" I couldn't help the slight accusation I had in my voice. I felt abandoned and without him I didn't feel safe. There hadn't been a moment where I hadn't looked over my shoulder for someone following me or where I hadn't felt safe in my apartment when he wasn't there. My life was turning into a paranoid mess and I was lucky that I had been able to force myself to go to work but it was a serious task. Sometimes I stood in front of my door, fear and paranoia chewing at my insides, as I had to bolster myself to just leave the apartment.