Chapter 12 - A Old 'Friend'

"Guys I think she's waking up," A female voice echoed. My eyes slowly fluttered open. A figure blocked the bright light by looking over me.

I groaned trying to focus on my surroundings. I was in a mostly white room that was full of science equipment. The figure staring down at me was a woman with mid-length curly brown hair.

"I'm just going to quickly check your vitals," she mumbled unclipping something from me and walking away. Where was I? What happened?

I pushed on the bed to sit myself up and looked around.

"Joe? Iris? " I asked looking at the familiar faces, then sighed "Barry?"

Iris walked up to me a gave me a hug, which I didn't reciprocate, "I'm glad you're okay," She sighed.

"What happened?" I wondered trying to remember. The events of the last day came roaring at me and I almost choaked turning my head to stare at Barry in shock.

I pointed at him, "He's- He's" I stuttered and Iris gave him an upset look.

"You told her!" She scolded while I kept stuttering out the sentence.

"You're the Flash!" I finally pushed out and stood up walking towards him.

"When and how did this happen!?" I gawked my eyes wide. Iris sat me down in a nearby chair.

"Iris I'll be fine," I grunted trying to get out of her grasp.

"Willow, I wanted to be the one to tell you," She sighed and then I realized, this was the big secret.

"This is what you were hiding from me?" I asked looking at her.

"Willow I wanted to protect you," She defended.

"From what?"

"This lifestyle puts people close to me in danger almost all the time," Barry cut in.

"I was in danger the moment I moved to the city," I sighed. "I guess I was meant for this lifestyle." I smiled getting out of Iris's grasp and running towards Barry.

"Prove it," I challenged.

"Prove what?"

"Prove that you're The Flash," I responded.

"Why is the scariest person I've ever seen roaming our halls?" The brunette asked walking into the room next door which was full of screens one of which Iris was working on. Barry, Joe and I all walked into the room where the commotion was happening.

"Cisco," Barry and Joe responded in sync. I sighed, I guess they've all moved on from the fact that he's the fastest man alive. But they have probably known longer than I have, so I understood. I just really wanted to see him do something at superspeed!

"Okay, so I've got the coroner's report for the bus driver, but it doesn't seem like there are any signs of foul play." She informed and my head perked up. I had a feeling they were talking about the bus that supposedly gave me powers. I decided not to say anything, I was going to consume the most information possible.

"Aside from him being the only guy who could have told us who else was on that bus," Joe sighed staring at the screen. They were trying to find out who else was on the bus, I knew a couple people on the transport, like Ralph Dibny, did that mean he had powers too?

Barry caught my eye and I immediately regretted it. "This is why I asked if you were on that bus," he informed, "It wasn't for CCPD, it was for my other job, being The Flash,"

So, maybe I should have told him, it's too late now.

"They logged his personal effects, let's see..." she said while images popped up on the screen, "Credit cards, cash, receipts, um..."