Chapter 14 - A Good Cop

We were back at S.T.A.R. Labs and Iris was telling Caitlyn what happened while I put the brush in a zip-lock bag.

"And that's what it feels like to vibrate through solid matter," Iris concluded and I gave the bag to Caitlyn.

"I'm just glad you three weren't hurt," she smiled taking the bag.

"No thanks to your new buddy in there," Barry complained, taking off his coat. What was his problem today?

"He's not my buddy. He's my patient," she responded coldly.

"Caitlyn I just don't understand why you're defending him!" He shouted.

"Cause I know what it's like to suddenly find yourself with extraordinary powers and be totally freaked out by it," she retaliated quickly, taking the words right out of my head. I was happy at least one of us could say it out loud. "And so do you, for that matter," she added and Barry sighed. "We both woke up in this lab knowing our lives would never be the same. So how about you give the guy a little sympathy?" Her statements lift the room speechless. I think she may have gotten through to Barry.

"Hey, guys," Joe greeted walking into the room. "I pulled the LUDS on Dibny's phone. There were 15 calls between him and the mayor's office."

"What is Mayor Bellows doing talking to Ralph Dibny?" Iris asked and Barry scoffed looking to the room he was in. I dashed to the door before he could get there and went inside locking it behind me. It wouldn't hold for long so I needed to be fast.

"Hey Willow. How's your father's case going?" He asked knowing the answer. Seriously Ralph?

"Ralph there's no time for games," I informed.

"You weren't saying that the last time I saw you," he quipped.

"On the bus?" I responded flatly.

"No, no, our date." He corrected. He was talking about the carnival, I would never call that night a date.

I sighed, "I'm serious Ralph. Barry's about to come in here and do who knows what," I heard pounding on the door.

"Why do you care?" He jabbed.

I swallowed, was I really going to do this? Could I trust him?

"Because... I know what you're going through," I sighed. There's no going back now. This possibly could be the worst decision in my life.

"How could you possibly have any clue of what I'm going through?!" He responded harshly.

I watched as the doorknob vibrated from the corner of my eye.

"You can't tell anyone, no one knows. Ralph, I'm trusting you, please don't break it again," I said with the bang of the door being pushed open. I twisted my hand feeling the tingling sensation and applied the illusion that I was not there.

Barry sped in looking around the room desperately for me. He saw the door at the back of the room and hopefully assumed I left.

Now, Ralph's face brought pure joy to myself, the shock and disbelief covering it, his eyes glued to where I stood now.

"She- she-" he stuttered and I gulped. He better keep my secret...

"What?" Barry accusingly asked.

Ralph looked once more at where I stood. "Nothing," He lied and I sighed. He actually kept my secret, maybe he's starting to change...

Barry started yelling at Ralph about the whole phone calls situation while I snuck out of the room. I looked to see if anyone was watching me then I dropped my cover.