Chapter 33 - When The Mask Falls Away

The next day when I wandered into the Cortex it was littered with Christmas decorations, looks like Team Flash didn't want to sleep on the holidays. Though, the decor didn't exactly scream 'Merry Christmas!'

"What in the hell is that," I blurted out while glaring daggers at the bright blue Christmas tree in the middle of the room.

Dibnys eyes peeled away from his decorations and landed on me. "A Christmas tree," he responded simply.

I made a face of disgust and glared at him, "That's a disgrace to this holiday."

Ralph raised an eyebrow and looked between me and the catastrophe a couple times before saying, "it's not that bad-"

"It is. If you want a good example look at Cisco's," I recommended.

Harry peeked out from behind Ciscos tree and told him bitterly, "Your tinsel to surface ratio is completely off."

"Are you kidding me?" Cisco asked and Harry started taking pieces off the tree.

"I've done extensive research to ensure that this tree is properly portioned," he defended.

"That's not how most people decorate Christmas trees!" I heckled.

"It's terrible."

"It's terrible?" Cisco repeated, "I'll tell you whats terrible."

"What?"

"Your Scrooge to grinch ratio is terrible," he stated.

"You're a mean one. I wouldn't touch you with a thirty-nine and a half foot pole," Harry responded with no emotion what so ever. God, I wish that maybe, just maybe, they could make this feel just a bit more festive...

That's when I realized that I could. I smirked and snapped my fingers in unison while imagining the room with an actual Christmasy decor. Then suddenly a ripple effect echoed throughout the room and as it passed the decorations either appeared, disappeared or changed to make the place feel 110% more festive.

First things first, the tree was green. The rest, sort of reminded me of the past Christmas's at my folks' place, warm ascents, red decorations and stockings, little nutcrackers in certain places... I could go on and on.

The arguing in the room came to a halt after my trick and all eyes snapped to me. I proudly presented the face that signified for them to deal with it. "You're welcome," I smiled.

"That's unfair!" Cisco protested, "I didn't even know you could do that!"

For a second my smile faded when I realized he was telling the truth, I quickly put it back on and said, "Well... now you do." I snapped again and it all disappeared. Just had to give them a slight (definitely not obvious) idea of what it should look like. But for now, it was trapped in this unholy form.

There were footsteps outside the hall and I turned to see Caitlyn step into the room with a small Santa hat placed on her head. She like Dibny and Harry, remembered to wear one, unlike me. But you know, if I ever got pointed out I'll just magic one on till they leave me alone.

Ralph looked at their shrub, "Yikes, did Rudploth just diarrhea all over your tree?" he dissed.

I responded with a chuckle, "Take a look at your own tree pal."

"Cool, cool. Three humbugs. It's a Festivus miracle," Cisco stated while looking like he would rather be anywhere else than here.

"Hey what did I do!" I protested.

"Yeah don't get us wrong we love Christmas," he joined in and I smiled. I don't know why he would defend me after how much I insulted his tree, but I'm not going to judge.