Chapter 27 - The Date

"Why did you even bother picking me up?" I wondered scanning my surroundings. I swear this was the one place I would rather not be.... nevermind scratch that, this place and the golden booty are both horrible options.

"Cause... it would be romantic," he chuckled and I scoffed.

"Is that what you were aiming for when you picked me up in your 2010 ford focus?" I joked and walked into the grey-walled enclosure. I actually hadn't been to this part of the building before, I guess it was for superhero's only. Most of S.T.A.R. Labs was rooms filled with science equipment and such. There was one room that was different, The Lounge. The only person I've seen in there before is Joe. I like to go there by myself so I can spread across the coaches with no judgment.

We stood on the stairs leading towards the area. The training room was a big rectangle, black walls and a shiny grey floor. Throughout the area, there were stands supporting big bright spotlights that illuminated the center. "Whyyyyyy," I moaned, "Anywhere but here, please, anywhere," I complained. This darn laboratory is giving me a headache.

"Oh, come on Willow, give me a chance," he reasoned and stared into my eyes. Okay, now I felt guilty. Since when could a grown man give puppy dog eyes?

I sighed signalling my defeat and he hesitatingly wrapped a cloth around my head, blocking my sight. "I'll be right back," he whispered into my ear, and I felt his arms leave from my around my shoulders.

There was shuffling all around me and I fought the urge to lift my mask up to see what was happening. My ears picked up on the screech of a table being dragged across the room and the clutter of plates, followed by more footsteps. I weakly smiled when I realized what he was doing then and shook my head, why here? I'll make sure to tell him how much I despise this place.

Arms wrapped around my torso from behind me and I gasped. He snickered at my reaction and I yelled, "That wasn't funny!"

He slipped his fingers under the fabric and pulled it off my head. I quickly opened my eyes and took in my surroundings. The once bright lights were now somehow dimmed to a relaxing glow and in the middle of the room sat a small table and two chairs."Wow," I spoke almost breathlessly and Ralph smiled.

"I know, it's awesome."

"Well..."

"Just be a fair lady and enjoy it." He held out his hand for me to take. I took a deep breath and resisted the urge to cringe.

"Seriously-" I tried to protest but was cut off when he speedily pulled me down the stairs. "hey-"

"Just enjoy it," he repeated.

"You know I hate this place right?"

"Hate is a strong word," he responded.

"You know I strongly dislike this place right?" I replied, rolling my eyes as I corrected myself.

"I can change that," he said in a way that you'd only hear in those cheesy romance movies and I rolled my eyes. When the silence came I suddenly realized yet again how close we were. I noticed that his hand was still interlocked with mine and blush started to creep up my face.

"How?" I whispered riskily, my eyes were locked with his.

"Through a completely free romantic dinner with yours truly," he grinned and I huffed, he just can't stop ruining moments, can he?

"Fine..." I agreed and waltzed towards the illuminated table. Being the gentleman that he is he pulled out the chair and motioned for me to take a seat.

"Aw thank you, kind sir," I teased with a fake British accent and settled in my seat. "What delights shall we be feasting on tonight?" I continued.