[7]

Training was hard for (Y/N), but after a few weeks she got quicker, and her reflexes were faster than before; not fast enough to dodge all of Mr Yomo's punches, but she could dodge a few punches before being knocked out; so at least it was improvement. She used her small petite frame to her advantage, as Mr Yomo adviced her, and it allowed her to attain a certain grace in her movements.

Life at Anteiku was easy to adjust to. She still missed her parents terribly and still woke up at night in tears, but little by little the kind people of Anteiku filled the gaping hole in her chest made by the loss of her parents.

They were ghouls--ghouls killed her parents. That statement seemed like something someone would think before vowing vengeance on ghouls of all kind but that was certainly not the case with (Y/N). She was smart enough to know the difference between the ghouls that killed her parents and the ones who saved her. The ghouls that ate and mutilated her parents were unlike the ghouls at Anteiku. The ghouls of Anteiku were somewhat pacifists, they didn't view humans as nothing but walking live stock, they lived among them, and even had some of them as friends. The ghouls of Anteiku were kind and gentle and fun to be around. And unlike the ghouls who killed her parents, they made her feel safe and at home.

All of them already had a special place in her heart.

Touka was like an elder sister to her. She was cold and hard at times but when she smiled and joked around with (Y/N), she was fun, kind and had a somewhat peaceful smile. Not to mention she was beautiful. (Y/N) wanted to grow up and be just as strong and independent as she was.

Apart from Touka, the other female she looked up to was Kaya Irimi. She was kind and comforting to be around and (Y/N) saw her as more of a mother figure than a big sister. She was kind hearted and always made her breakfast that was edible, unlike Touka's food that tasted like sweat and the aftertaste of last month's food.

Then there was Enji Koma. He was funny and (Y/N) love spending time with him. She wouldn't say he was father--figure material, but he was definitely like a big brother to her. He always joked around and helped her colour all her drawing's diligently, despite how crappy it was. Conversations with him flew effortlessly and she liked his easy going nature and would always look to him for wisdom when Yoshimura wasn't around.

Mr Manager reminded (Y/N) of her grandfather before he had passed away so she instantly liked him the first time she met him when she was 7. He was wise and kind hearted and made the best tea she'd ever taste. He was her favorite person to be around apart from Ayato.

Than there was Mr Yomo who was as colder than ice and a man of few words, but (Y/N) admired his strength and respected him greatly for wanting to teach a human. His tolerance towards the smell of her blood was admirable since she did bleed a lot during trainings.

As for Ayato, it was complicated. He saved her life. He had a special place in her heart. Whenever he was around she'd always want to be near him, always wanting him to smile instead of scowling and looking angry all the time. Whenever he did smile she'd feel her heart flutter with butterflies because he'd look so cute. She wanted him to be her friend and she looked up to him as if he were the apple of her eye.

She made it her mission to make him happy and be friends with her. She owed him her life after all.

Of course he didn't make it easier. It seemed his mission was to insult and stomp all over her parade. But she wasn't fazed by the slightest.

She only got to see him once a day, since every morning she helps open the shop and cleans and helps carry things from the staff room to the counter when needed during the day. She was too young to be a waitress so Yoshimura said she'd be one when she turn 12 which was two years and one month away. (Y/N) was counting down because she wanted to help out as best she could to pay back for the roof over her head provided by Yoshimura, who owned the shop.