[35]

(Y/N) was hungry, and since she ate everything the last time she was in Ayato's apartment, her stomach grumbled for food. It had been hours since they made-up for what seemed like their first ever couple fight.

Her stomach still tightened at the thought of the word couple. She still hadn't asked Ayato about that. Instead, she focused her attention on her gnawing hunger, pushing aside any other thoughts.

It took a while to convince Ayato to take her to a cafè or a food stall by the road for something to eat. After half an hour of begging and bugging the life out of him, he took her.

(Y/N) sat down, barely touching her food as she picked off her Ohagi and Ramen Noodle as delicately as she could. Usually she'd howl it all down her throat but with Ayato watching so she felt self-conscious under his piercing blue eyed stare.

After the third delicate bite, Ayato sighed.

"Shrimp, are you gonna eat, or not?"

(Y/N) looked up adruptly, making sure to chew what little food she had left in her mouth as quick as possible and swallow it before she could answer.

"Whatever do you mean Ayato-kun?" She asked, her big (E/C) orbs twinkling.

"You've barely touched your food." He deadpanned. "I've seen you eat before, though it was a long time ago, I remember vividly you always finish your food in record time. Now it's like you're just nibbling on it."

(Y/N) sighed. "Fine. I tried to be lady-like. Don't say I didn't warn you."

Ayato opened his mouth to respondq when she suddenly shoved the food into her mouth. And in record time, she'd scowled it all down.

Ayato's mouth hung open in shock as he watched her go, wondering how someone so tiny could fit all that food into her body.

When she was done she was leaned back in her chair, her stomach showing an obvious bump filled with what she consumed. She pat her stomach pleasantly.

"Wow." Ayato muttered, still in a state of shock.

(Y/N) smirked and burped in such an unlady-like fashion. "Warned ya, didn't I? Bet I'm not so cute now, am I?"

She reached over for the water and gulped it down.

Ayato shook his head. "I doubt eating like that will make you any less beautiful."

(Y/N) choked on the water, slamming the glass down.

Ayato immediately stood up, leaning over the table to pat her back. "Slow down, Shrimp. The food won't gonna grow legs and run away." He scowled, his blue eyes showing concern.

He misunderstood her suddenly flustered face, thinking it was due to her choking on water. If only he knew it was because he indirectly called her beautiful and hearing that from the boy of your dreams would obviously do that to anyone..

"I-I'm fine." She wheezed out. "I'm just gonna be right back."

(Y/N) stood up and walked towards the bathroom, feeling Ayato's eyes following her every move.

She stepped into the lady's room. Staring at herself in the mirror she frowned. She looked the same as she did yesterday, and the day before that. Her (E/C) orbs stared intently at her face, wondering what Ayato saw when he looked at her. Her cheeks heated up as a smiled curled at her lips.

He called her beautiful, and even though it wasn't exactly direct or meant to be a compliment, she took it as such. She tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ears as she stared at her reflection.