[17]

It was early in the morning when (Y/N) woke up. The sun was just rising and beams of fresh morning sunlight filtered thought her window past her draped curtains.

After a fresh bath, she changed into her usual clothes which consisted of a black skirt that ended an inch above her knee and a white button shirt. She wore a waitress apron around her waist and folded the sleeve of her shirt up to her elbow.

For today she pinned two (F/C) ribbon shaped pins in her hair to hold her bangs back. She paused for a moment and stared at her reflection in the mirror.

Her (E/C) eyes seemed bright somehow; her skin also had a glow to it. She knew exactly why. It was because of what happened a few days ago.

She could still remember how fast her heart pounded in her chest as Ayato whispered, “I think I'm slowly falling for you.” And how chills ran down her spine as she stood there with him. Of course neither of them spoke of that moment for a while now. That moment was like a raised flag, it was there but neither of them wanted to acknowledge it.

Ayato didn't wanna bring back that moment because whenever he thought of her face pressed against his, her fingers around the back of his neck, it would drive him crazy, thinking about how close her sweet pink lips were from his. Then he would force himself to stop thinking about it entirely.

(Y/N) didn't wanna bring it up because then she'd be blushing furiously thinking about what he did on the bed and then she wouldn't even be focusing on anything. So they both purposefully left it alone. For now.

She rubbed her cheeks, hoping to rid herself of the pink tint in her cheeks. She chuckled, shaking her head as she walked out and made her way downstairs to help open shop.

“Morning Mr. Manager-san.” She chirped brightly as she skipped to the bottom of the stairs.

Yoshimura was just making tea as she arrived downstairs.

“Well aren't you the brightest early bird. Go ahead and put up the menu sign by the front door of the store downstairs. When you come back up for I'll make you a warm tea?”

(Y/N) grinned at the warming offer.

“Yes sir.” She replied and went to work. After placing the sign and stretching, she came back upstairs and took a seat by the counter.

“Here's your well-deserved tea.” Yoshimura said with a warm smile as he placed a cup of tea in front of her.

“Thank you, Mr. Manager-san.” She bowed her head and took the tea. As soon as the warm liquid slid down her throat she felt a calming sense of serenity. She smiled into the tea.

When she looked up, she saw Touka walk down the stairs already dressed in her waitress clothes.

“Touka-chan! Good morning.” (Y/N) greeted with a huge smile.

Touka nodded and immediately went to fixing a tray of sandwiches for the early customers.

“How did you sleep last night?” (Y/N) asked eagerly, inching off her seat for the answer, as if it were the secrets to curing world hunger or something.

Touka shrugged as she sliced the sandwiches in half. “It was alright.” she muttered, glancing at  (Y/N) she couldn't help but smirk.

"You seem brighter than usual. Any reason?"

"Is it a crime to be happy?" (Y/N) replied innocently.

"Touchè kiddo."

The bell by the door rang, signaling the arrival of the first customer of the day. (Y/N) was by door in an instant.