[24]

Hey beauties. I know it's been a long time since I last updated. Long story short, my mum took my phone for a looong period of time. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter. Made it super long as an apology for not updating in a while. Beware: Heart throbbing moment's between you and Ayato-kun ahead. Don't say I didn't warn you.

______

It was when Ayato was gone did (Y/N) realize that seeing him again and speaking to him wasn't exactly as idealistic as she pictured.

Sure he was even more good looking than what she prepared herself for, his voice somehow managing to sound even more sexier than she imagined puberty would allow, but other things like the circumstances in which they reunited was nothing like what she pictured in her normal teenaged girl mind.

She pictured seeing him walk through the front door one faithful day. It would probably be early in the morning, or late one afternoon.

He would be as handsome as ever. He'd smile at her--one of those charming smiles reserved for her only--and she'd drop whatever she was doing and race towards him in slow motion like in those cheesy romance movies. She'd hug him so tight and tell him how much she missed him.

But of course that was a fairy tale. Instead she got hit hard by reality and was practically run over by it. Ayato was never coming back. That much she got from his remark about Anteiku. Which meant she might not get to see him much often. Not only that but he was on the opposite side now and it pained her to admit but, maybe he would never see her as a friend ever again.

She groaned and pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance. Kaneki was taken by Yamori and here she was thinking about stupid trivial matters.

After Ayato had suddenly disappeared, she walked back home. Hinami met her at the door and instantly hugged her. (Y/N) was caught off guard but recovered soon after and hugged the poor girl back.

Kaneki's blood still stained the walls and the floor when she got back. Nishiki just arrived, Touka was too pissed to do anything and Hinami was in need of comfort so no one cleaned the blood.

While waiting for the manager, (Y/N) grabbed a bucket of water and a sponge and went to work. She picked up all the broken pieces of the glass, wandering what idiot decided to break it in the first place. Soon Hinami came to help, then Enji, then soon everyone was cleaning up in silence.

Afterwards they all went to the lounge to continue waiting for the manager. Touka stood facing the window with Hinami, everyone else, including (Y/N) sat on the couch.

The silence was tensed. All (Y/N) felt was guilt. She wasn't even beaten up like Touka was to stop her from helping Kaneki. All she could do was scream for them to stop. Her fist clenched at the memory.

Suddenly the door opened and in walked the Manager. Upon seeing everyone, he nodded grimly.

"Looks like everyone is here. There will be a few more coming later, but let's get started now." Yoshimura said in his most serious tone as he took a seat. "This concerns the problems unfolding in the 11th Ward, and the actions Anteiku is to take. But before we get to that, I have one thing to say about the kidnapped Kaneki."

Touka looked up and (Y/N) shifted in her seat anxiously.

"You'll be served not thinking we'll ever see Kaneki again." The manager stated.

Touka gasped, her eyes wide.

"What?" (Y/N) blurted, almost as shocked as Touka.

"Hey, you old coot!" Nishiki exclaimed, standing up. "Don't even talk like that!"