Chapter 2: Nerves

It was chilly out on the bridge that overlooked Hogwarts. I was bundled up in my usual pleated coat and my Gryffindor scarf was wrapped tightly around my neck. That still didn't stop my hair from blowing every which way. Not that I cared— Cedric seemed to like my hair messy.

Cedric. Just the thought of his name rushed hot images to the forefront of my mind. I was sore, no doubting it, but I didn't regret it. The way I saw it was that if I wanted it so badly last night, I have no reason to regret it. Cedric was the perfect gentleman and a perfect choice for my first time.

"Hermione, why do you have that smile on your face?" Harry asked while attempting to hide a smirk.

I flushed. "Nothing." I shook my head. "Nothing. What were you saying?"

Harry let it go. That was one of the reasons I loved him so much. He knew that when I was ready to tell him something, I would. We had the sort of relationship that was based on a severe trust. Harry and I couldn't let the each other down and we relied on one another in a way that was well beyond our years.

"I still can't figure out this next clue. Every time I open the egg, a loud scream comes out. It's deafening." He paused. "Is that the next clue? Lose your hearing and find a sound?"

"Harry you told me you had this egg figured out weeks ago! The task is two days from now."

Harry leaned over the railing looking down at the lake. "What did you do after we left? Did you and Viktor have fun?"

"Viktor." I groaned. "He's not exactly insightful- that one. He's more of a physical being. He just watches me while I study. Not very vocal."

Harry put a knowing smirk on his face, no doubt thinking I spent the rest of the night ridding my problems with Ron by snogging Viktor Krum. If only he knew.

"Harry," I gripped his arm and he turned towards me, "these tasks are supposed to test you, in the most brutal way, they're almost cruel." I swallowed a lump in my throat. The truth was losing Harry was something I just couldn't deal with. "I, um, worry about you. You got by the last task mainly on luck... I'm not sure if it's going to be enough this time."

Just then we heard someone calling Harry's name in the distance. We turned to look and saw none other than Cedric Diggory walking towards us. I watched every part of him as he strode toward us. He was dressed in his robes and wore a scarf that was colored in the Hufflepuff colors. I was fighting to keep from whimpering as Cedric approached us and smiled a toothy grin that went straight to my nether regions.

"Hermione." He smiled. "Potter, if I could have a word?"

Harry nodded and they walked until I was out of hearing range. I watched him out of the corner of my eye. The way his mouth moved as he talked caused me to imagine the way his mouth moved on me. He held his hand on Harry's shoulder and I thought of how his hands held my body. The way his fingers knew just how touch me.

So, much for a one time deal huh?

Harry nodded and they said their goodbyes. As Harry walked towards me Cedric gestured with his head to meet him at the end of the bridge. I nodded just as Harry approached me.

"Well," I asked as curiosity got the best of me, "what did he want?"

Harry leaned in to whisper. "He told me to take my egg with me to the prefect's bathroom and mull things over."

I smiled. "He's paying you back for cluing him in on the dragons."

The fact that Cedric helped Harry out only solidified the fact that messing around with Cedric wouldn't be a mistake. He was a good guy and the way I reacted to seeing him was reason enough to continue what had happened in the prefect's bathroom. The very bathroom Harry was heading to.