Chapter 41: Twist

The large estate that belonged to the Malfoy's loomed before us. We were completely surrounded by a sea of trees that shifted eerily around us. We were walking towards the huge metal gates.

"What did you put on me?" Harry whispered.

"A Stinging Jinx."

"How long will it last?"

I eyed the Snatchers around us. "Not long."

Harry glanced down and noticed his glasses peeking out of my pocket. He reached over and slipped them into his own as the group slowed. On the other side of the gate stood Bellatrix and Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy. The leader grabbed Harry's arm and pushed his face up to the iron bars.

Bellatrix stepped closer. "Show me."

The leader reached out and pushed Harry's hair off his forehead. Bellatrix pointed her wand, illuminating Harry's skin. Slowly, she smiled. Despite the swelling, one intriguing feature could be seen: Harry's scar.

"Get Draco."
------------------------
Inside the massive room inside Malfoy Manor, Bellatrix held Harry's face up for Draco to identify. The Snatcher's were still hanging on to the rest of us as we all tried to wiggle out of their grasp.

"Well?" Bellatrix asked.

Draco stared at Harry. "I can't be sure."

His father stepped towards him and gripped his neck. He whispered, "Draco. Look closely, son. If we are the ones to hand Potter to the Dark Lord everything would be forgiven. All would be as it was, you understand?"

The leader released me and walked towards the Malfoy's. "Now, we won't be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope, Mr. Malfoy."

Mr. Malfoy's voice rose. "You dare to talk to me like that in my own house?"

Mrs. Malfoy warned, "Lucius." As she pulled her husband back.

Bellatrix stood and grabbed Draco's hand. "Don't be shy, sweetie. Come over. Now, if this isn't who we think it is, Draco, and we call him, he'll kiss us all. We need to be absolutely sure."

As Draco inched closer to Harry, I felt my anxiety rise. Draco, surely, could tell who was in front of him. It was only obvious to those who didn't know him very well. Bellatrix pulled back Harry's hair and looked at Draco impatiently.

"What's wrong with his face?" Draco asked.

Bellatrix turned towards the Snatchers. "Yes, what is wrong with his face?"

"He came to us like that." The leader answered. "Something he picked up in the forest, I reckon."

Bellatrix pointed her wand towards us. "Or ran into a Stinging Jinx." Her eyes fell on me. "Was it you, dearie? Give me her wand. We'll see what her last spell was. Ah, got you!" She laughed and then gasped as she saw one of the Snatchers holding the Sword of Gryffindor. "What is that? Where'd you get that from?"

"It was in her bag when we searched her." The Snatcher answered. "Reckon it's mine now."

Bellatrix sent a curse towards the Snatcher and grabbed the sword that flew out of his hand. A rope encircled the leader's neck and the room turned into chaos. "Go! Get out!" she ordered. And they all scampered away.

"Cissy, put the boys in the cellar. I want to have a little conversation with this one, girl-to-girl." She was mere inches from my face. I panted as the fear of all the spells she could set on me ran through my mind.

She quickly grabbed my arm and threw me on the ground. She straddled my waist and made sure to have my arms out. She hovered over my face as tears formed in my eyes.