Chapter 6

Roman pulled the dart from his neck with a face full of confusion before he fell into the mud, unconscious.

"Roman!" Jeen screeched as she scrambled around the transfer to get to him. She squatted down and began to try and shake him awake, but it was pointless.

He was out cold.

"Why did you shoot him?" She said angrily as she looked up at the man.

"Well technically I didn't shoot him." He said.

A crease formed between Jeen's brow as she glared over at the man.

"Cuff them." He called across the street.

She flicked head and looked behind her, somehow these people, whoever they were, had come out of nowhere, silently, without her noticing.

There was over ten of them and they all wore a cowl or bandana of some sort that covered half of their face. None of them had a distinct uniform, but they were all wearing colors that were black or very dark, and most or all of them were male. Yet the most unsettling thing was that all you could see of them was their eyes.

Five of them came forward, one of them holding think metal handcuffs that had an electronic device attached to the side.

One roughly grabbed Jeen's arms.

"Get your hands off me!" She yelled through gritted teeth as another hooded man tried to put a smaller pair of handcuffs around her wrists.

She screamed and thrashed until she got one of her arms free and threw a punch to the face at the one she'd managed to free her arm from. It hit its mark and she heard a painful thud against someone's jaw. She tried to free her other arm but before she could continue to punch, kick, and scratch, the captor she'd punched grabbed her free arm and began to clamp one side of the handcuff on around her wrist. Before she could do any more both her hands were handcuffed.

She threw a glance over her shoulder at Roman, and her heart fell when she saw that he was still completely unconscious as they began to clamp the electronic handcuffs on him.

They began to drag her down the street, which made her thrash and shove more than before. When apparently they grew tired of her screaming in their ears, one of them pulled out a gag and began to shove it over her mouth and tie an overly tight knot behind her head.

Ignoring how her head throbbed from the pressure of the gag, or how it pulled on her, ripping strands of hair, or the handcuffs that rubbed her wrists raw from her constant thrashing, she fought with everything she had, knowing that Roman couldn't do anything to protect her or himself. Her shoulders heaved back and forth as viciously as they could.

Behind her, three men pulled Roman through the mud and garbage of the road. Jeen was so busy fighting her captors that she didn't notice as they approached a gray military style loader.

"Get them in the back and put the sacks over their heads." She heard the big man with the scar order from behind.

The men pulled them roughly to the rear of the loader transfer and threw them into the back. Their heads banged against the floor.

Two men, one older from the wrinkles on his forehead, and the same younger one who'd handcuffed her. He had a gray beanie that was pulled down almost to his blonde-brown eyebrows, the only thing you could see besides his gray eyes. The older one took to black sacks from somewhere Jeen couldn't see, and the two of them began to shove the black bags over both Jeen, and Roman's faces, completely blacking out her vision.
After a while of laying on the floor handcuffed, gagged, and with a sack over her head, the loader began to move. It made Jeen's and Roman's bodies bump and smack against the floor. The rough drive was short thankfully. The loader stopped and after a couple of seconds she heard a couple of people hop into the loader. Suddenly she felt herself being dragged to the back, where she and Roman were shoved against the wall. Hard thumps and banging noises indicated that they were putting boxes in the loader. She felt a box touching the bottom of her feet, and another by her calf. After about ten minutes of banging and sliding boxes around in the loader Jeen heard a bunch more people get in the loader before it began drive again.