Chapter 15

Jeen wasn't exactly sure what happened. Roman screamed the loudest, she fell to the ground clutching her throat with with her only working hand as blood began to pour down. She could see the man now as she scrambled away from him. He had a white mask that was shaped like an artificial face, and there was only one eye hole that had a bright green electronic glow coming from it. He - it - wasn't human.

Saule ran to Jeen with a look of panic on her face.

Without warning the masked automaton whipped out a silver katana over his back and glided the bloodstained blade towards Roman as he charged forward. Before a scream could even come out of Jeen's mouth, a bullet collided with the sword, metal hitting metal, and the sword flew out of its owners hands. Jeen's head automatically turned and stared at who had shot the gun.

It was Wen, he must've raced across the room in a split second to a large guns cabinet.

Her vision began to go dark, the pain took over, and Jeen's legs collapsed below her and she fell to the floor.

Jeen began to panic, she had no idea what had happened. Roman and Gabriel were standing over her, telling her it was fine. She layed back down, remembering where she was and what had happened. Waking up from falling unconscious was somewhat better than the last time it happened at least. Though she was certainly more injured than before.

She looked around the room she was in and realized she was still in the living room, except now it was day.

"Where did he go?" She asked, thinking of the masked man.

"After you passed out, he ran for it. Wen went after him and is still not back yet." Roman explained, standing back and crossing his arms.

She lifted her hand and felt wrappings around her throat.

"Luckily he didn't cut very deep. I know he could've - very easily - but, I think he was looking for a distraction more than anything else. He wanted to find me." The doctor explained.

She took a shaky breath as she thought of what they were going to do next. The sudden chiming of a connector filled the room. Dr. Paxton pulled out his connector, and frowned at the holoscreen before answering it.

"It's a message." Gabriel said, then looked down at Jeen.

"It's for you."

Jeen frowned in confusion. She pushed herself into a sitting position.

"What do you mean?" She said as the doctor handed her the connector.

Tell Jeen Starc that SAM is waiting for her.

That was the whole message.

"Sam? As in Bosma's note 'Sam'?" Roman said in a disbelieving face.

Jeen shook her head in doubt.

"How is this possible. How did he know to contact you?" Jeen asked Gabriel.

"Don't ask me, I don't know any Sam." He said, looking between the two.

Jeen decided to answer the message.

You're talking to her, how did you know how to contact me?

Jeen fingers trembled as she wrote the message. Not a moment later he replied.

Meet us in the Kaede Gardens on third street, the opalescent sector's

center. Come at 3:00. Alone.

Jeen frowned and began to type.

why?