7- No Sense

Skye's POV

Once again I woke up to find the bed empty and a frown worked its way onto my face as my arm stretched out falling on the vacant spot beside me.

I felt a slight breeze and noticed the patio door open with Mitchel standing outside. He was leaning over the railing with sweatpants hanging loose and smoke falling from his lips as he looked out onto the hills.

I sat up in bed, clutching the covers close to me to keep me discreet as I hadn't bothered to redress after last night's activities, both of us too warm to bare putting clothes back on.

I wasn't sure if I should alert him of my being awake or to just stay silent enjoying the view. What I wanted more than anything was to walk out and wrap my arms around him enjoying the morning breeze with him.

I never liked cigarettes nor did I normally find myself attracted to those who smoked them. Mitchel was different though and for some reason it only added to his appeal; the way the smoke clouded out of his lips and the action of when he blew outwards tilting his head back left me clutching the covers just a little bit closer.

I looked at the clock on the bedside table and it read 8am. I was up early yet again but I was surprisingly not tired, I slept really well last night and it was strange sharing a bed with someone else.

Despite his calm actions, Mitchel seemed tense once again and I wondered if it was a usual occurrence for him to be so irritable in the mornings. He finished the last of his cigarette squashing the end in the ashtray before letting out an audible sigh.

He turned round his eyes falling on me seeing I was awake before quickly letting them fall to the floor pretending like he didn't even see me staring at him. He didn't say anything and instead walked around the room tidying things and texting on his phone inbetween.

The air felt tense and it confused me that sometimes it could be light and easy between us and other times it was like now where neither of us spoke or knew what to do and it was just awkward.

"Why are you always up so early?" I ask breaking the silence.

"I already told you" He replies "I don't sleep"

"That's not good for you" I say.

"I don't care" He sighs putting a shirt into a drawer.

"If it's because you're stressed I used to take a-"

"Do you ever stop talking?" He interrupts clearly annoyed.

I quickly shut my mouth knowing now that he was definitely not in a good mood.

"Seriously why do you have to ask so many fucking questions?" He scoffs harshly closing the drawer.

"Why are you so short tempered?" I retort back.

I don't know why he found me so easily annoying, it's not like I was asking silly questions, I was just trying to help him.

"Because you get on my nerves" He replies bluntly.

"Then why am I here Mitchel?" I ask sighing.

He merely lets out a light annoyed laugh shaking his head as I continued to put things away ignoring my question only fuelling my anger towards him. I couldn't stand his mood swings one bit.

"Cmon Mitchel why am I here then? If I annoy you so much then why have me stay?" I add.

"There you go again" He sighs "Can't you just enjoy the silence? Why do you have to fill every single second with words? It's infuriating"