Chapter 23: No Chick Flick Moments

February 22 2008, Somewhere Between Towns, Oklahoma, United States

Maya was seriously contemplating a double homicide.

She almost regretted tagging along with the Winchester duo that was Sam and Dean. Almost. It'd been a few days since Monument, and only a couple since Maya thought about killing them. Now, what could the Winchesters have possibly done that Maya would consider murdering them in their sleep?

They refused to use her given name and used that dreaded nickname Dean came up with when they first met, Goldy. They'd even use it when they didn't even need to use her name! They'd be dropping the name almost every other sentence! Then they'd smirk all smug at her in amusement when she'd huff or glare angrily at them. This only had them grin wider at her, because, apparently, she was adorable when she looked angry. The Jackasses.

They were driving in the car talking about plans of where to stop at the next town for something to eat, when Dean and Sam addressed her.

"Hey Goldy, you feelin' up for fast food burgers or diner burgers?" Dean asked innocently enough, though the upturned quirk in his lips in the reflection of the rearview mirror said otherwise. Maya gave him a pointed glare. "What, Goldy? Goldy, if you're not feelin' the burgers you can always get something else for yourself. Ain't going make you eat something you don't want, Goldy," Dean was full on smirking knowing exactly what he was doing.

"Do you really have to say that damn name in every sentence?" Maya seethed.

Dean put on a look of mock confusion as he peaked at her adorable angry face in the rearview mirror, "I have no idea what you're talking about Goldy." He turned to Sam who was failing to hide his own amused smile. "Do you know what Goldy's going on about Sam?" Dean asked as innocently as he could. He failed miserably.

Maya's eyes sent metaphorical laser beams at Sam's head trying to silently threaten the larger Winchester. She could handle Dean using the nickname, she was just fed up with both of them ganging up on her with it. Maya was pretty sure Dean was doing it because he was an asshole, but she had thought Sam would be better than that. Apparently not.

Sam turned slightly in his seat, an amused smile still plastered on his face as a look of mischief passed through his eyes.

"Sam, don't you fucking dar—" Maya's threat was interrupted.

Sam looked pointedly into her gold eyes and said, "I have no idea what Goldy's going on about."

Oh that was it! Maya composed her face into the best blank/disinterested face she could do with the sheer amount of annoyance running through her. They wanted to tease her? Play a little joke on her? Fine.

But it was probably time she played back.

A look of slight concern washed over Sam's face at her own reactionless one. Oh yes, he probably realized they might've pushed the normally easy-going teen too far.

"Alright, you wanna play at not knowing my real name? Have it your way," Maya leaned forward as Sam leaned his face away giving a nervous look to Dean at her tone. "I'd hoped at least you, Sam, would drop it since you seemed like less of an asshole than you, Dean, but if this is how you two want to play? Fine. Lets play," she all but purred with a look of pure mischief on her face.

Sam looked nervous at Maya's face, "Uh Ma—" Dean cut him off from using the teen's real name.

"Those sound like fighting words, Goldy." Dean challenged with a smirk.

Sam looked sharply at Dean and knew exactly where this was heading. Probably not the best idea to start a prank war with a Trickster, whether they're half of one or not. There was no way he was getting in the middle of this. It was bad enough when it was just him and Dean.