Chapter 40: Douche-ariah

October 30th 2008, Middle of Nowhere, Random State, United States

Evening

Gabriel

Gabriel was indulging in some Asgardian mead while listening to Thor recount one of their daring, dangerous, and overly stupidly planned exploits with great boisterous vigor and lots of exaggeration. It was honestly an interactive telling because you'd have to duck your head every now and then as Thor swung his muscled arms about dramatically, and you would have to side step to avoid getting mead spilled on you.

Gabriel greatly enjoyed the look on the various gods' faces when they were once again hit by a swinging appendage or doused in a light rain of mead. So fucking funny.

It was honestly chore to keep him self from doubling over in laughter, but his stifled snorts still garnered him some less than pleased glances his way.

He just smiled unabashedly at them.

"So, Baldur," Gabriel started with a mischievous smirk. "Last time I saw you, you were still recovering from that mistletoe stake to the chest."

The dark haired pagan god frowned disdainfully at Gabriel and spat at him with old anger, "And whose fault was that?"

"Well, at least it wasn't covered in one of your victims' blood then you'd have been really screwed," Gabriel laughed earning a snort from Thor.

"Aye, you were indeed lucky in that Brother," Thor boomed with a smile clapping the well-dressed god on the shoulder, earning his own frown of disdain from said god.

"C'mon, man. Lighten up!" Gabriel laughed. "It was what? 5? 10 centuries ago?"

"It was not funny Loki! You could've killed me!" Baldur raged at Gabriel, his shoulders tensing and getting ready to possibly strike at him.

Gabriel? Not too worried. He knew Thor had his back, especially since he knew it was Thor that started the game of throwing stuff at Baldur since their 'mother' had made everything in the universe swear not to harm Baldur, thus making him invincible to everything...sans mistletoe. Granted it'd have to be mistletoe coated in the blood of one of Baldur's victims to actually kill him.

Baldur had strutted around Valhalla all high and mighty like as everything from axes, swords, rocks, and what have you just bounced off him without so much as a flinch or a wince of pain.

The Trickster Loki could not abide—Gabriel was given the rundown when he took Loki's place—and poor blind Hodr was missing out on all the fun. It was a two for one kind of thing. Bring Baldur down a notch and let Holdr join in on the game.

Gabriel scoffed, "Please, it was a joke. Hellooooo? Trickster."

Baldur squeezed the cup holding his mead, his nostrils flaring in anger. However he only took a deep breath to calm his nerves enough to just walk away from his two younger brothers.

Gabriel turned to Thor with a look of fake confusion and faux innocence, "Was it something I said?"

Thor boomed a laughed and clapped Gabriel hard on the shoulder. "I see you are not holding back with trying to be uninvited to future events," he stated with a bemused smile.

Gabriel gave a shrug, not denying the god's comment.

He wasn't wrong.

"Loki," came a calm disproving feminine voice from behind them. "Causing trouble already dearest?"

Gabriel and Thor turned to the familiar voice of Frigg, wife of Odin and mother of Baldur, Thor and Loki, the goddess of motherhood and magic.

She wore a layered gold and cream dress that draped across her frame that was reminiscent of the Old Norse fashions. Her long golden hair done up in intricate braids and held up in a bun a top her head.