Chapter 43: Heaven and Hell

November-ish 2008, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States

Bobby's House

One mad dash of a car ride and a couple seat rearrangements later...

So, a demon, a half-Trickster and her demon killing guard dog/rat, two Winchesters, and walking talking angel radio girl travelled to Sioux Falls in a loaded up and cramped in a black 67' Chevy impala...

Not only did it sound like a start up to a bad joke, but also in reality was just as bad—if not worse—seeing how this joke would last for hours and was nowhere near being funny.

Sam and Dean really should've seen it coming when they had piled the girls into the back of the retrieved impala and not checking who sat beside whom. Although both would share rapidly depleting amusement that Maya and Ruby sitting beside each other lasted a whole 13 minutes before shit hit the fan.

After a quickly pulled over car, some raised voices, Sam pulling off a feisty Trickster from their demon passenger, a worried Anna, and Dean looking ready to shoot the both of—okay, just ready to shoot Ruby mostly, they were finally on the road again heading to one of the safest places they knew.

That lasted a good couple hours before poor sweet Anna was no longer a good enough buffer in the back seat. Tensions were flaring and patience running thin as tiredness seeped into the occupants of the cramped car.

With a good deal of tired grumbling, some more loud berating, and a rock-paper-scissors game, Dean reluctantly and petulantly found himself taking Anna's spot in the back between Maya and Ruby, while Anna took the passenger seat and Sam drove them all.

So far, the only one who hadn't had to switch spots in the car was Puck, who sat up front on the bench seat between driver and passenger. Although for each rearrangement he was close to jumping over the seat into the back, ready to tear at the demon who still sat way too close to Maya for his liking.

One very large reason for another quick pull-over.

And Dean may or may not have been pleased at the shy and grateful smile Anna had sent him over her shoulder.

Thankfully a long day of running around and worn out adrenaline finally had Maya crashing not long after, too tired to rise to any subtle jibs Ruby sent her way...or vice verse.

By the time Sam pulled into Bobby's yard the sun was well into the sky and he wanted nothing more than to crash out on Bobby's couch, at least. If he still had enough energy he was stealing one of the beds in one of the guestrooms.

He tiredly rubbed his face as he turned the engine off turning around to look in the back seat to find Dean with his head tilted back at an uncomfortable angle, snoring lightly, an arm draped over Maya's shoulders as she cuddled into his side.

It was sweet. But Sam was tired and feeling a bit bitchy.

"Guys, wake up! We're here," Sam announced loudly, much to the disdain and tiredly grumbling of the other passengers of the car as he got out to stretch his legs, Ruby following not long after.

"All right Goldy, let go," Dean grunted as he patted her back.

Maya whined tiredly and curtly said, "No." An arm came up and curled around Dean's chest to emphasize her sleepy point.

Anna having woken up herself looked at the adorable scene with a smile as she stretched her arms and back a little bit. Dean exaggeratedly released a loud sigh before peeling Maya's arm off him and telling her to open the damn door. Maya gave him a childish and tired pout but complied.