Chapter 26: When Dads Come Calling

March-ish 2008, Milan, Ohio, United States

"I can't believe Dean didn't kill you," Sam commented to Maya as he straightened his tie.

"Yeah, that prank went a lot better than I thought it would," Maya said from Sam and her's bed. "My best case scenario was he'd shoot me with rock salt."

Sam snorted as he went over his FBI disguise. "Still can't believe you did that to the impala," he shook his head reproachfully but couldn't help the smile forming on his lips.

"Hey! I didn't do anything! Well, just some visual and audio illusions...but none of it was really real!"

Sam just gave her an indulgent smile and rolled his eyes at her. "And that's why you're bunking with me for the foreseeable future," Sam chuckled as he straightened out his suit jacket. "So? How do I look?" he said to Maya giving her a here-I-am pose.

"Like an underpaid civil servant in a cheap suit," Maya told him dryly as she ran her hand down Puck's back while he lounged in her lap. The little dog gave a huff of amusement, earning him an affectionate behind the ear scratching.

A flush came from the bathroom and Dean exited a moment later, already dressed in his own FBI suit. He ignored Maya, still annoyed with her, and looked at Sam, "Ready to go?"

Sam nodded, "Yeah." He double-checked to make sure he had one of his fake FBI I.D.'s. "Yeah, I'm ready."

"And don't worry about me. I'll just stay here. Bored," Maya sighed overdramatically as she fell back onto the bed and lay there.

"Did you hear something, Sammy?" Dean asked his brother, not even looking at the sulking teenager on Sam's bed. "I thought I heard an apology for what happened to Baby this morning, but, instead, all I heard was bitchin' and belly-aching."

"I didn't actually mess with your car! It was all an illusion! I practically wrapped a hologram around it! Nothing physical actually happened!" Maya said, exasperated, as she propped her self up on her elbows, leaning back on them.

"You still messed with Baby! You don't mess with a man's car!" Dean groaned, finally acknowledging her. He pointed a stern finger at her, "Why do you think I banished you to Sam's bed?"

"Because you can't take a joke?" Maya snarked with a grin as she watched Dean's annoyed face turn into a blank stare.

Dean shook his head at her and walked to the door, "I'm not dealing with this, right now." He paused at the door and looked back at a smirking Maya. "Still bunking with Sam!" he reminded her sternly as he pointed at her again, before finally leaving the motel room.

Sam shook his head with a sigh as he followed Dean out the door, asking, "And how is bunking with me a punishment?" Maya didn't hear Dean answer as Sam had closed the door behind him.

Maya laid back fully on the bed once more. "Ugh. Now what?" she asked the vacant room. Puck, still in her lap, perked up and looked over to her and huffed to get her attention. Shifting, Maya looked at the little dog's face as he licked his lips.

"Yeah, I can eat," Maya sat up and rubbed Puck's little head. "What treat do you want? Pizza crust or hotdog?"

Huff, huff!

"Hotdogs it is then!" Maya said brightly as Puck dashed off her lap, and the bed, and went to the door. She laughed at the little dog's excitement as she grabbed her wallet from her bag. Opening the door Puck was the first to dart out and began pacing as he waited for Maya to lock up, and get a move on! There's hotdogs to be had!