Chapter 46: A Reveal or Two

December 18 2008, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States

Bobby's House

Dean was sipping his first morning coffee studiously ignoring the miraculously recovered demi-Trickster.

You may ask, what she was doing to currently annoy Dean and the answer was very simple. As a Hunter, Dean had a lifetime's worth of experience hunting every weird and nasty thing that went bump in the night, and had developed the handy skill of feeling when eyes were on him.

Watching. Waiting.

It made the Hunter's skin itch, especially when it was done blatantly.

Like what Maya was currently doing. Just staring at him with her big golden eyes filled with mischief. He could just tell she was up to something, but he didn't know what and that knowing smile she was sporting wasn't helping.

At all.

Don't get him wrong, he was thrilled that she was up and about, but he could do without the relentless staring.

Green eyes moved from the kitchen wall stain he had focused on and flickered angrily over to curious, impish gold, "What? Why are you staring at me?! What are you planning, Goldy?!"

Sam tried to cover his snort while he drank his own coffee, only being successful in hiding his amused smile.

Dean's eyes flicked over to Sam's dark hazel ones, "Shut up, bitch!" he looked back at Maya, "Start talking twerp!"

Maya's coy smile widened as she batted innocent eyes at Dean, her voice sickly sweet and guiltless, "Whatever do you mean, Dean? I'm just staring at you."

Dean's eyes narrowed and he gave an aggravated hum, taking another sip of coffee and shooting another dagger filled look at a sniggering Sam.

Who was now also just staring at him intently, increasing the itchiness he was feeling underneath his skin.

He heard hard nails scrap against the linoleum floors and didn't even need to look to know that Puck was now sitting beside him and was staring up at him intently.

Dean was pretty sure if he were a cartoon he'd have a serious eye twitch going on and have at least one angry symbol throbbing above it. His chair scrapped as he abruptly stood, about to walk briskly out of the kitchen and away from his annoying bitch-ass siblings when Bobby's home phone went off.

They all shared curious looks, the annoying sibling routine forgotten as Sam went to the Wall of Phones and answered the ringing phone.

"Hello?" Sam answered, not expecting to hear a certain gruff Hunter on the other end of it. "Bobby? What's wrong? You left only like...30 minutes ago?"

Maya and Dean watched in concern as Sam's brow furrowed in confusion then one eyebrow went up in intrigue as he gave generic answers to whatever Bobby was telling him.

Maya leaned closer in Dean's direction and stage whispered, "It's like he's on a whole facial journey."

Dean snorted and Sam shot them an annoyed bitch-face, but got more snickering from them instead. It had just added to their joke.

"No, no, no you're right. It's definitely weird," Sam commented as his brow furrow went back to concerned interest. "Okay, Bobby. Thanks," Sam hung up the phone.

"What's up?" Dean asked curiously.

"Apparently Rufus caught wind of a possible case in Wyoming, but he's still busy on another case and Bobby's got that salt n' burn," Sam went into the den and came back with his laptop. "He wants us to go check it out."