Chapter 38: Fun-sized and Super-sized!

October 31st 2008, Gloversville, New York, United States

Gloversville High School

Dean

Dean scrubbed his face in frustration after talking to the last of Tracy's friends, getting absolutely nothing of value from any of them. The bell rang again, another period ending, releasing students from their classrooms.

He walked the halls rigidly as he headed to a one Eli Pepperjack's next class to talk with the kid he vaguely remembered from the Halloween party. Dean might've been a bit too distracted by the blonde cheerleader witch. Disgust curled in his gut as the cheerleading fantasy was ruined again with his brother's words echoing in his ears.

He was sooooo putting Nair in Sam's shampoo again.

Dean was almost to the kid's math class when he saw a couple of what looked like football players or the stereotypical jocks pick up this scrawny nerdy bespectacled boy and practically fold him into an open locker.

"G-guys! C'mon! I n-need t-to g-get to cl-class!" the kid stuttered pitifully as he was shoved into the top half-locker.

"Well, guess you're gonna have to miss it then, huh Penis Jacker?" one of them sneered.

"And that dyke bitch ain't here to fight for ya!" the other chuckled cruelly.

Dean rolled his eyes. High school never really changed did it? Unfortunately, he didn't have time for—

"I-It's Pepperjack, y-you ass-assholes!" the kid squeaked valiantly, albeit stupidly, in protest.

Okay, maybe he did.

"Hey!" Dean boomed over the throngs of hormonal adolescents, authority laced in his tone and body language. "What's going on here?!" he demanded loudly as he marched over purposefully, students scrambling to get out of his way.

The bullies eyed Dean up curiously with hints of defiance and tension in their shoulders.

"Wh-what'd'you care? You ain't a teacher!" the other jock tried to sound confident, but the slight waiver and stutter in his voice bellied the nervousness he was feeling.

Dean glared at the young men, making them shift nervously on their feet, well the one anyway. The other was trying and failing to intimidate him. He internally smirked at that, knowing what he would do next would almost have them pissing their pants as they gave the always comical 'oh shit' faces.

"FBI, boys," Dean flipped his badge at them like the professional con man he was. "I think I trump your high school teachers by, like, a lot. Now is there a reason you're stuffing Urkel here inside a locker?" Cue expectantly quirked eyebrow.

The 'oh shit' faces were firmly in place on the two boys' faces and Dean could hear some students milling around them whispering as they watched the spectacle from afar.

"They th-think I'm gay 'cause I have t-two Dads," Eli piped up with a smirk, his nervous stutter abating a little seeing the two bullies in a tight bind with the 'government official'.

Dean looked from Eli to the boys as they seemed even more nervous, knowing full well the shit they were in.

"Ah, so this is a hate crime, is it?" Dean stated, more than asked, casually. "Me and my partner have been thinking that the two deaths in town might've been 'hate crime' related. Maybe you both should come down to the precinct—"

They both started stuttering and shaking their heads fearfully, denying any part in what happened to Luke Wallace or their year mate Jenny.

"Then I suggest you apologize to the kid and help him out of this locker then, hm?" Dean crossed his arms, standing straighter, looking down his nose at them, adding to the intimidation factor. He looked around at their little audience and barked, "Don't you have classes to get to?!"