3

Annabeth p.o.v

I stood with Percy on top of Half blood hill. My hand rested gently on Thalia's pine tree, I stroked the bark and looked down at camp, knowing that I mightn't see it in for a long time.I looked down the other side, a small yellow taxi was waiting with Argus in the front seat. "Come on wise girl" Percy said, he put his hand on the small of my back, I felt a tingling spread down my spine , "Yeah seaweed brain".I took my last glance at my home and smile. "Goodbye" I whispered and joined Percy down that hill.

"We are catching a bus that will take us to...." I asked and ruffled through the my backpack, we had about 100$, some nectar and ambrosia, I had a change of clothes and so did Percy. "Indianapolis, with about two stops so let's hope we don't get attacked by...things" Percy replied. I wish I had music because it's going to be a long trip. I looked out the window as we sped through rural Long Island, it was so beautiful in summer. I almost dozed off but decided I will wait till the bus ride . I relaxed and chatted with Percy as we made our way to New York.

Argus bedded us fair well at the bus stop. "Let's go and get tickets" Percy said and led us to the booth. Percy was doing the buying and I was scanning the faces of everyone in the platform. "Are you okay Annabeth"Percy asked because I must look really weird, glaring down people on the station. Busses rolled past every now and then. The bus tickets said 2:30 leaving time and it was 2:00. "This is going to take a while"I moaned because waiting is so boring. "Hey its okay wise girl I have an idea" he nudged me with his elbow and reached into his bag, "taa daa" he said as he produced an apple from his bag. A flow of memory came to me, our first quest, Grover eating the apple when we played hacky sack. flushed ."I'm going to bet you" I teased and snatched the apple.

We played hacky sack for about twenty minutes. People kept stopping and watching because Percy and I were killing it, he had gotten much better. I was bouncing the apple of my knee when it hit my shin and when rolling off. "Ahh the apple" I yelled. I ran towards the road, "ANNABETH" Percy caught me by the back of my camp half blood shirt. I was leaning over the road and a wall of metal, bus pulled up, if Percy hadn't caught me I would be a pancake. "Damm umm sorry Percy" I said. I looked at the large wall of metal, "this is our bus" his tone was cold and it made me worry. "Y.. yeah that's nice" I stammered.

We walked up to the bus, gave the driver are tickets and made a bee line for the back. We sat at the back seats of the bus because it was quieter then the front.I jumped into a window seat and Percy fell down next to me. Percy kicked of his shoes and I did the same. The last passenger hoped on and took their seat. Most had books and phones to keep then entertained but all I had was Percy. The humming of the engine began and we drove out of the bus station. I pulled my knees up and wrapped my jacket around then. I didn't know why I was being so strange, first I punch a wall, I almost get pummeled by a bus and Percy seems to be weird like more grown up and the silence between us is so think you could cut it with a knife.

"Percy" I asked, I didn't want to make any eye contact so I just looked out our the window. "Yeah Annabeth" he said. I could feel his sea green eyes burning into me. "I'm... some thing is different about you" I said, I looked around at him to see his face. I caught his eye and his cheeks were flaming. "W...what do y...you mean" he stuttered, I noticed how close we were together, how his breath stirred my eyelashes. "You just seem like your older or more protective" I said. "I just want to be safer on this quest you know.. I just want to make sure you..NO one gets hurt on the quest" I caught that he saying you that he doesn't want me to get hurt. My heart was pounding and I felt very faint. "I..I'm going to sleep , Percy, wake me at the next stop".

I rested my head on the window, the bumps of the wheel shaking the side of my face. I really didn't fall asleep for a while. My mind was racing and I kept thinking about Percy and his eyes that he not only acted different but he looked it, I could understand how the Aphrodite cabin girls could run around drooling after him, my cheek flushed. I was just about to stay awake when I felt a hand in my spine ,Percy was drawing shapes and images with his fingers on my back. I almost gasped because I'm one of those weird people who really like that kinda of stuff. He wrote words and drew pictures, my eyes were heavy and I felt tingles running up and along my spine. I could feel the weight of my eyes and my mind was slowing. Percy was drawing many hearts on my back and a drifted asleep.