5

Annabeth p.o.v

Percy and I stumbled through the forest . The high of our bus escape had left and it was so hot in the forest with the rising sun burning out necks. I had many plans running through my mind but none of them would work. We were alone, in the forest, in the middle of nowhere with no idea how to find a town.

So I logically asked Percy. "Percy" "Yeah Annabeth" he responded. "Do you have any ideas on what we will do next" I was glad my face was hidden in the shade of a pine because I must have been blushing. "The great wise girl is asking me for a plan, what have you don't with Annabeth" he was sarcastic but it kinda hurt . "Just I don't k-know" i was stammering a bit. "Okay, Okay how about we climb a tree and see if any roads are around" he suggested and pointed up the pine. I simply nodded as we got ready to climb.

I tried to climb but I just to short and couldn't get a leg up. "Percy can you...boost me" I asked and hid my face again. "Sure Annabeth" he obliged. I got my hands ready and pushed my self on to the low branch. Percy lifted my hips and the feeling or his hands made many pin pricks dance in my chest. "Ahh" I moaned as my leg slipped and it grazed to bark. I felt a pain in my leg as it cut my shin, Percy's hand when from back to my.....butt.  HE GRABBED MY TOOSHY. I wanted to explode because the of the way ist felt was of sheer embarrassment and ... well I liked it (don't judge)He pushed me up and I stood on the branch and dusted myself off, trying not to show my fiery blush
As ist burnt my cheeks . I gave my hand to Percy and pulled him up to. I realised to late that the branch was small and we were left standing face to face and hugged each other trying not to fall. "I.... uh" Percy was blushing worse then me. "Let keep climbing" I said and we were silent all the way to the top.

"Wow" Percy said as we reached the top. The view was amazing. A mass of green trees and blue sky, it was so clear. "Look" I pointed to a river of black asphalt about 1 kilometre away. "We have our road" Percy said, I was so happy I did a little jump, "watch out" Percy said and steadied me with his hand. When he toached me I got that same feeling and didn't want to look at him, I just wanted . . . more. "Lets get to that road" I said and set my jaw. We clamped down and started our walk.

We toppled out of the shadow of forest. We we must have looked pretty strange, two teenagers walking  out of the woods. I didn't want to speak or look at Percy because if I did I might do something stupid, why was a feeling this way. "Let's hitch hike" Percy suggested and walked to the side of the highway, he held his thumb out an we waited. As waited for someone to pull up I examined my leg. I long scratch ran from mid-shin to my knee, blood was flowing down it gently. "Ouch"I said to myself. I opened the pack and grabbed a small square of ambrosia nibbled on it. instantly better I though.

A car pulled up and Percy gave me a look like yes yes I am hitch hiker god and we clambered in. There was young woman in the front who looked really stressed and tired, she had a small baby sleeping in the front seat next to her. "So where are you off to" Percy asked "and what state are we in" I added. The lady looked at us like we were crazy "umm your in Illinois and I'm heading for spring field, is that were your going?" "Good , good we are going in that direction too" I said. Percy smiled at the lady in the front "thanks for picking us up" he said and gave her a dashing look that made me jealous. "It's no problem in needed company". "so why are you stranded on a road side, what happened to you leg young girl" she said this all quickly and it took me a second. "We were on a walking track and got lost, I cut my leg climbing a tree" I was truthful about the leg but not about the bus. "I didn't notice your leg" Percy said and pulled my leg up into the seat. "Wow are you okay wise girl" he sounded really concerned and looked me in the eyes but I couldn't see past there sea green exterior. "So how long have you been dating" said the lady . "What no no no", i was blushing Madelyn, "we are just best friends" said Percy, "Yeah besties not dating" is reassured. She smirked and gave us a look like you can't lie. I wasn't lying Percy was my best friend and nothing else, I felt like I wasn't telling her but more myself. Percy didn't look over at me after that and we drove in silence.

Slowly buildings came into view. Finally are awkward trip would be over. We came to stop I front of a park. No kids were playing but it was like four o'clock in the afternoon. "So is this where we part ways" asked the lady. I looked over at Percy and he nodded, "yes and thank you so much for the ride" I said, "it was really no problem".she smiled back at us and we exited the car. She drove away as we waved. "So what now Percy" I asked but before her could speak we heard as voice calling us.

"Excuse me, excuse me can you please help" an old granny hobbled over to us, she had a face like a topographical map and her white, whisky hair was in a bun, she carried a nobly walking stick with small carvings of lotus flowers and it's reminded me of something but I couldn't place my finger on it . "Yes ma'am what can we help with" Percy said. "Well I was just sitting by the lake and my handbag fell in" she pointed a shaky hand to a large mass of water next to play ground. "Please can you get it for me" she said. I didn't see why not and nor did Percy I could guess, "well lets have a go wise girl" he said. The lady sat on a bench by the lake and watched as we took of our shoes. "Don't use you powers" the lady piped up. "Umm what" Percy said and looked over at her, "how did she know that" I whispered to Percy, he just shrugged and stepped into the water and I followed. The ice like drops stung my leg and made goosebumps spread across my skin. "So how should we do this" I said to Percy, "let not get our heads wet because other wise you will get a cold, Percy was immune to getting wet so I guess he had the advantage. I looked over at the grandma and she just gave me a creepy smile. "Okay let's go" I said and started to shuffle.

The silky mud of the lake was so gross, I could feel years of grit,grim and litter In my toes, I didn't complain though because the grandma would probably hit me her walking stick. I was stepping over deep set branch, it was so slime cover ed I nearly fell , but my food touched something, leather maybe or some kinda of wet fabric. "PERCY" I yelled, "IS IN AN EEL" he screamed and started to back away. "No seaweed brain I found something". he doggy paddled over to me and dove, his disappearances kind of freaked me out ,only once did he pinch my food. It must have been one minute when he came back up, clutching a small red handbag. "Whohoo" we both yelled and high fived.

We both swam back to shore and by now the sun was so low the sky was starting to darken. We both cleaned our feet (I cleaned my feet, Percy hand no reason to). He sat By me while I put on my shoes and dried my legs with a small towel from our pack. "You ready" I asked "Yeah" "then let's do this". We walked up the the smiling granny like soldiers returning home form war. "Here you ma'am" Percy handed the bag ove Randy gave her a charming smile.

He r Disguise melted away. she became a beautiful young woman with flowing dark hair and white Gracian robes. She was so beautiful in a warm motherly way. "Hera" is gasped as Percy and I Kneeled before her. "Hello there little mortals, you have done very well in retrieving my bag, I'm not normally supposed to stop by on this little quests of yours but I felt I was needed at this time". She had a smile like an old mother but behind it hit a bitter side. "Thank You goddess Hera" Percy said and kept he head bent low. "Don't thank me little hero just accept my gift". She pointed over the a large eighteen wheeler that was pulled up at the rest stop. "It's a movie prop truck passing by its next stop is Colorado,If you go aboard now It will give you a trip straight to Colorado" she said and smiled again. "Thank you so much goddess Hera" I awed. I had no words but she waved and somehow my legs moved and we went into the truck. The door closed and locked behind us knocking from my dream like state.