11

Annabeth p.o.v

YAAAAAYYYY we found our half blood. After killing that monster we sat down and talked. She was seven like me when I ran away and also to my surprise she had also ran away from home . She never knew her father and was ADHD also with mild Dyslexia. Every sign the fit a half blood. We set up base in the library and She fell asleep. Her name was Lita.

"Percy" I asked into the dark. "Yeah Chase". He is still acting like a child, WHAT DID I DO TO HIM. I put aside his weird anger. "So what's the plan to get back to camp" I asked, "you're the smart one why don't you have a plan" he scoffed, this was not my Percy. "Why are you doing that" "doing what" I rolled my eyes in the dark, "acting like such a Insufferable jerk". Percy was quite. "It hurts Percy, please what did I do to you" I felt like I was on the verge of tears and my throat closed up. "Annabeth I..I not now, this just is not the right time" "I can wait Percy but not forever" I said, my curiosity was flourishing and my mind flying to every conclusion. For now I sleep. I Scooted to Percy and rested my head on his shoulder, he Intertwines his fingers with mine. We just slept.

I woke to find Percy in depth with the small Halfblood about why blue food will always taste better then non-coloured food. "But blue is just a colour, not a flavour" the girl, Lita looked sarcastically at Percy. "Well you just haven't tried my mom's blue chocolate chip cookies." I just smiled and sat up. "Morning" I grumbled, blinking sleep out of my eyes.

Percy explained to me what his his plan was, "so we should try and catch another bus" said Percy. "No no we know how that's went last time, I say maybe train but we don't have mother money" "Yeah that's why a bus" "no busses aren't safe enough" "no wise girl it's the only mode of transportation we can afford" "no Percy". We argued and I was happy to see the fire in Percy's eyes as I proved my point was the better option. "what about Cars" a small voice cut in. "What?" Percy and I said. "Well you guys both can't agree on it so why don't we just steal a car" Lita didn't make eye contact and shrugged. "I like" I said "me too" Percy chimed in after me.

I liked Lita, I could relate to her at how she ran away. We didn't know who her father was but I had a hunch. What I didn't trust were her eyes. She seemed to glow, her eyes could be brown but they shone like the sunlight filtered through glass. Her blonde hair was golden but cut short and scruffy, it made her look much younger. Her face was covered in many freckles, the seemed to cover her skin like paint spots and shadow her glowing skin, EVERYTHING ABOUT HER WAS LIKE LIGHT. She was wearing simple jean shorts and a white tan top, she had a yellow jacket tied around her waist. Lita was a bit dirty though but being on the run for what she hinted was a long time was understandable.

We tried to walk onto the street like normal kids but we must have looked like freaks. It was an early morning and no one was one the street. I really wasn't used to that because I lived in San Francisco it was always busy no matter what time of day. The young girl, no I should start calling her Lita. Lita walked up to a small car, it was old and couldn't be that's modern, my car knowledge was limited but it had to be vintage. "This is the right one" Lita smiled brightly and showed her small snagged tooth. "Umm how do we get in" asked Percy, he naturally looked to me. I just shrugged, gave the street a passing glance to make sure no one was watching. I took my Dagger from out of my leg harness and held the tip the the lock. Celeste bronze can cut through certain metals easily but this one was a bit to cold. "The lock is to cold to break, we should wait till the heat can warm it up." Like it said in my architecture books, desert places are hot in the day cold at night so when building you have to take the drastic temperature changes to you design, oops sorry geeking out. I hated waiting and we are three ADHD kids the wait will be long. "Sorry Dudes but we going to wait" said Percy and put a hand on her shoulder. Lita's small body flinched away from the touch. " I can heat it up" she said and had a staring Competition with her feet. I didn't really believe her and nor did Percy by the look on his face. "Umm go ahead" suggested Percy.

Lita strode up to the car door. She took her hands out of her pockets, rubbed them together and blew into them. Lita took her right hand and placed her finger tips over the car lock. I fell back in line with Percy and slipped my hand into his. Lita seemed to be trying but what she was doing we were unclear of . Lita back is to us and she was shaking slightly. I looked over behind us and saw the sun rise over the buildings and hit the car, lighting up Lita's back. When I looked back some smoke was rising from the place in front of Lita's hand. I couldn't see what she was doing but I rushed forward, "what are you doing" I asked and looked over Lita's shoulder. She snapped her hand back to her pocket but before she hid it I saw her finger tips shining with a sunlit sparkle. I didn't know what to say but I tried my knife. By blade slid into the heated metal like butter. There was some resistance but I twisted and the lock cracked, the door flew open.

"Good job my wise girl" Percy pushed past me and jumped into the front seat, I rode shotgun and Lita through her self into the back and stretched out on the seats. The car stank of cigarettes so I found the old style Winding hand and spun down the window. I tossed my back pack back to Lita, "Hey Lita we have some extra camp halfblood t-shirts in there if you want you and wear one so you're cleaner." I turned to Percy to see him working the wires of the car. "Sure you can do it Seaweed brain" I teased. " would you like to do it wise girl" he asked. I though, "with sometime I bet I could do it", Percy laughed, " the question was rhetorical Annabeth", I blushed slightly and waited. Still no people, good.

I got a fright as the car rumbled to life. "AHA" yelled Percy. I jumped back into his seat. "Strap in All Demigods and keep your arms and legs in the ride at all times".