24

Percy:

Lita fell with a thud to the ground. The venom was slowing moving up her hand. The storm was over and no more rain fell and it was silent on halfblood hill, in the dark shade of Thalia's tree.

"Oh wow, it's really happening I'm dying, I'm sorry." She looked bewildered and gritted her teeth in pain. I pressed my hand to Lita chest, her heart beat was fast and erratic. My eyes stung with tears.

"ANNABETH WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING".

But Annabeth wasn't looking at Lita, she was looking over my shoulder. I tuned and saw about twenty girls all in silver walking towards us. A lead by one girl, her hair in a long dark braid, her grey eyes reflecting the moon that had just broke through the clouds.

She came and stood by our side, the goddess Artemis.

"I heard your prayer Lita, there is something I can do".

Lita eyes we wide and full of the silver moon light but you could see her life was fading.

"I want you to join me and the hunters of Artemis, you can have knew life, a life you always wanted".

Lita looked at Annabeth and I, I could see how much she wanted this. Even though I disliked the hunters I gave her a nod. Because this was better than her dying.

"Please say this oath.

I pledge myself to the Goddess Artemis. I turn my back on the company of men, accept eternal maidenhood, and join the Hunt. If a maiden wants to become a Hunter, she must recite the oath. Once Artemis agrees to that oath, it is binding and the Hunter must live by it for the rest of their days."

Lita nodded and cave a small cough of blood. "I pledge myself to the Goddess Artemis. I turn my back on the company of men, accept eternal maidenhood, and join the Hunt. If a maiden wants to become a Hunter, she must recite the oath. Once Artemis agrees to that oath, it is binding and the Hunter must live by it for the rest of their days".

It was silent for a moment. The still moonlight shining down on Lita's small Freckly face. She slowly stood up.

She looked healthier and had a glow to her now. She kneeled at the goddess feet. Artemis crouched down on her and grabbed Lita's hands, then slowly lifted her to her feet.

"Now my hunter, you my say your goodbyes".

Lita turned to face us. She ran and gave Anna egg and I massive hugs, we both winched from our injuries. "I am going to miss you guys, you're like family".

Annabeth gave a small sniff. "I'm going to miss you too Lita, I'm going to miss you so much". Lita hugged Annabeth alone.

I turned to face Artemis. "You know she would become a hunter didn't you, that's why you helped us in Arizona".

Artemis gave me knowing smile, "it was how it had to be Percy". Yeah but that still didn't make me want to throw a tantrum, we went through all that effort just for the hunters to stanch her at the end, NOT FUN.

I turned Lita stood in front me . She has grown so much over the past week we looked after her. I wanted to say something deep and profound my my tongue was glued to my teeth. I just leaned forward and hugged her, my broken ribs aching but this was worth it.

I was going to miss her so much, more than I could ever but into words, but she would go far in the world, I just knew.

Every time I would look up at the silver moon after a thunderstorm, I would think of her.

When the ashes in a fire guided on the smoke into the night sky, I would think of her

When I marry Annabeth and we have a family, I will see her in my own kids because she meant that much to me

Farwell Lita, Be brave, be strong, be better than me.