1

Athena's POV

What is Hate?

When you search HATE on Google, it says that it's when you feel intense or passionate dislike for (someone). It's synonym is loathe, detest, despise, dislike, abhor, execrate and so much more.

In Urban Dictionary, it says that hate is when you dislike someone so much that if you and that other person were in an empty room with a knife in the middle, one or both would be dead.

People are driven to hate someone, because that someone did something to make them angry. And that anger keeps on escalating to the highest peak, for whatever reason.

You wish he'll just vanish in the whole universe or get assigned in the war zone area and stay there forever. Sometimes, you will get the urge to murder him and chop him into tiny little pieces—without caring at all of the consequences. Everything about him just irritates you, even the good things that he did for others. You always assume the worse of him.

That's what I feel for Carter Monteiro.

Contradictory to the Oxford Dictionary, Meriam, the Wikipedia, Google, or whatever dictionary in the world, for me, the only meaning of HATE is my nemesis Carter Monteiro. And Hate is even spelled C-A-R-T-E-R.

I hate the guy, extremely hate him. He's the most obnoxious, arrogant, bad-mannered, ungentleman and meanest asshole animal that ever existed in this planet – even the whole universe!

No... no way. Categorizing him as an animal is a big insult to the animal species, especially to the adorable cats, dogs and rabbits. Carter Monteiro is nothing but a beast! A reincarnated Lucifer!

Well, there are things I love about Carter though...

First: I love to see him... fall inside the dirtiest mud hole. He'd be so damn gorgeous for all the swimming worms, rats and leeches.

Second: I'd adore him... if he'll be trapped inside a cave of nowhere. I can imagine him chased by hungry bats and mosquitoes. That will surely give me the biggest laugh.

Third: I love to watch him... inside an abandoned cemetery alone with eerie sounds of crickets and howling dogs. I want to see him tremble and shiver with fear. Let's see how far his fearless macho gigolo act would go.

Well, I'm not such a bad person wishing him dead. I may be a bitch, or act like a real bitch sometimes, but I don't wish anyone dead. Even in animals, fishes or insects like ants or a worms. I don't want to see them suffer – another reason why I'm trying to be a vegan, but often fail.

HA! I almost yelled.

I let out a long sigh and left the annoying highlighted news online below the internet search box. Darn it. I shouldn't have looked at it in the first place, it just spoiled my day.

The news: Carter Monteiro dated a celebrity lawyer, Jenna Justice last night in a very fancy new French restaurant in California. They looked so good together... blah blah blah... I scanned the words and read only the ones in italics.

She's very smart. Carter answered when he was asked what he liked about Jenna Justice.

"Shush! You said the same thing when you dated a veterinarian last month!" I knew I looked stupid being alone in the car making funny faces and imagining myself talking to Mr. Hotshots Carter Monteiro. "Smart-- smart-- smart. Everyone got it, okay! You only date smart girls."

I lifted my phone again and it instantly opened when my face was detected. I touched the google search box and typed Old Smith Art Museum.

I was looking for some old images of the Old Smith Museum and compared it to the actual museum standing in front of me. I immediately found a picture taken a hundred years ago and was surprised at the changes on the appearance of the museum.