14

Athena's POV

I still don't trust Carter. The fact that he wanted to get hold of the property so badly, I'm sure he'll do anything to change my mind in buying it. After all, he's a Monteiro and a Petrakis, business is his life.

I have to find out on my own. My brother, Mars Adrian will help me appraised the museum. I talked to him last night and he will contact his friend who could help me out.

"Let's order dessert." Carter suggested and opened a second bottle of wine. 

The milk chocolate and beetroot cake with ombre icing was so heaven followed by a platter of different flavored ice cream. My eyes rounded seeing all my favorite flavors. Cookies and cream, mint chocolate chip, butter pecan, strawberry, pistachio, chocolate, vanilla, mango and cheese.

I was so happy like a kid my spirit lifted up. I was so full but who cares, there was always room for dessert. 

"This is a sin, eating too much." I said as I took a spoonful of the cookies and cream. 

Carter laughed and also took the same flavor. The smile in his eyes contained a sensuous flame. "Let's be sinful tonight."

I giggled and tasted the strawberry. "I love ice cream." 

His eyebrows flickered a little. "Me too. I tried weird flavored ice cream in different parts of the world."

"Such as?"

"Sampaguita ice cream, it's the national flower in the Philippines."

My lips parted in surprise. "Really? Is it delicious?"

"Umm... yeah. It's like eating perfume."

We both laughed and the ambience became light, calm and easy. It was like talking to Carter was an everyday thing... so normal. He was so easy to talk with and our conversation just flowed easily.

"I also tried squid ink, seaweed, soy sauce and wasabi flavors in Japan."

I bit my lip to stifle a grin. "That is so weird. But I want to try."

His smile widened in approval. "You should... don't forget the bacon ice cream too..."

We could not stop laughing. I'd hate to admit it, but I was enjoying my dinner with Carter too much. I had never experienced it with any guy in my whole life. It was just too weird because he was my nemesis. 

First, we shared our food and our dessert. Then we found out that we had a lot in common. We both loved Asian food especially ice cream, enjoyed listening to 90's songs, had a special attachment to animals, watched documentary videos, history and discovery channels. 

Our conversation was endless and became very meaningful. We talked about animal cruelty in different parts of the world. We both felt bad about the cruel treatments of elephant being traded, tortured and imprisoned for rides in some countries, the crocodile and dog fightings for money, eating dogs and cats... even human babies. 

When our topic shifted to our careers, Carter asked me about my modelling contract.

"Why didn't you ask for advice before signing the contract?"

I drank my wine before I answered. My temple felt hot all of a sudden, I had a feeling that I reached my limit already.

"I was in Paris all alone and I did know anyone there to ask. For once in my life, I was trying to be independent by making a decision on my own, and that was such a stupid thing to do. I was too excited to model for the company that I signed the contract immediately... without reading. Actually I tried, but I could not understand anything. It's like entering a maze." I let out a short laugh.