Epilogue

"Dare to believe that good things are possible when you follow your heart." - Bryant McGill

" - Bryant McGill

Epilogue

Carter's POV

My legs were trembling and my hands were shaking. I just wished that I could sit down so I could relax all my nerves. I was afraid I would fall on the glossy black and white tiled floor and get really humiliated.

I looked up at the CCTV which was directed at me then shifted my attention back to the man standing in front of me. The left scar on his face became more evident this morning, or maybe he just aged since the last time I saw him. 

"What is your intention for my daughter?" Ares Niarchos' voice was cold and exact as he continued to assess me with calculating eyes. 

His question made me space out. It constricted all my bodily organs and sweat started to form behind my neck.

It took me about ten seconds to answer. I was not prepared on this confrontation. I was still so dazed that I barely slept last night. After the dinner party, Athena and I were almost inseparable. We were both overwhelmed on our love for each other, could not stop talking, touching and kissing. The feeling was so wonderful and the happiness was immeasurable. It was like floating in the clouds with only me and her in the universe. And now, confronting her father with reproachful eyes was like falling straight down to the manhole.

"I love your daughter so much, Mr. Niarchos." Was all I could say. Every single neuron of my brain froze in an instant. 

I had never been terrified of anyone, but at that moment, I was of Ares Niarchos. Not because he was known as a very strict person, authoritative and had a respectable name in the business industry, but because... he was Athena's father. I was afraid to make a mistake in front of him that could ruin whatever I had with Athena. 

From my great grandfather Enrique Monteiro and now my brother Daniel, they tainted our family's reputation being playboys. Ares Niarchos would think that I was the same, and that really concerned me. 

"My daughter is very precious to me. I would murder anyone who would hurt her."

That made me swallow the imaginary lump in my throat. Fat sweat on my forehead ran down on my temple. 

"I swear I would do the same... sir."

"You're not like your brother, right?"

Damn Daniel!

"No... no. Absolutely not." I shook my head vigorously and raised my right hand like in an oath. "My intention is very honourable sir. I love Athena... and I admire her so much. She's the kindest, caring, very humble and beautiful woman that I know. She has a very generous heart..."

Mr. Niarchos chuckled, and that made me relax a little. "Are you sure you're talking about my daughter?"

"Of course. Athena is a wonderful woman."