12

Athena's POV

I was suspicious of his motives for inviting me to dinner. I might be slow to grasp things but I knew when something was wrong. 

He was right, I was starving that my stomach gurgled and my mouth watered when I saw the glossy pictures of the temptingly delicious dishes in the menu. My heart sang with joy when I saw my favorite dishes. 

I had been dieting for weeks for the bikini photo shoot, finally it was over and tomorrow, the photographer would focus on head shots for their makeup products.

"I want a nasi goreng, baby back ribs, lamb satay, naan, humus, chicken curry and beef broccoli." I said to Dilton when he took our order. 

"Yes màam." 

"Oops, don't forget a cup of plain rice." I said and that made Dilton's eyes grew bigger. 

"Sure maam. Anything else?"

"An Okinawa pearl milk tea, do yo have that?"

"Umm... we'll do our best to get it for you maam." 

"Thanks, Dilton."

"Are you sure you can finish all the food you ordered?" Carter said and put down his menu.

"Of course!"

He ordered his food and Dilton left us alone in the private room again. 

"I hate it when people waste their food, Athena." Carter said, shaking his head. 

I raised an eyebrow and gave him a bitchy look.

"That doesn't bother me, you hate me already." I sipped my wine and leaned closer to him on the table. "So what do you want to talk about the museum? Did you get that International Social Security of Art Appraisers?

"International Society." He corrected and that made me flush. I hated myself sometimes for not being careful in saying things. It made me appear dumber in front of this asshole. 

"Whatever." I shrugged my shoulders. 

"Actually, I met them this morning that's why I have to talk to you asap. It's a good thing that you're here in the hotel. You made my life easier, thank you."

Jerk! The corner of my lips twisted in a nasty smile and I answered sarcastically. "You're welcome."

"By the way, nice hair. It suits you." 

I wanted to slap him senseless to remove that grin off his face! I had to control myself from murdering this barbaric personality animal. I clenched my fist, Lord God help me. This asshole really knew how to make me angry. 

"Leave my hair alone, Carter!" I gritted my teeth and looked at him with murderous eyes. "Get down into business, tell me what you've discuss with the appraisers."

"Chill!" He chuckled and that made me hate him more. His eyes grew bigger looking at me like I was the most stupid girl who could not answer one plus one. "That's supposed to be a compliment."

"A compliment from you? No thanks. Nothing changed Carter, you're still a jerk."

"Ha! You're right, nothing changed, you always see me as a jerk."

"It's because you are!"

"I'm not! I wouldn't have graduated Suma Cum laude in Engineering if I'm a jerk. I wouldn't have accomplished building the biggest and grandest seven star hotel in California if I'm a jerk!"

That made me speechless. He's a smart guy, probably the smartest guy I came to know. And I hate him for that. 

Still I did not want to be intimated. I would not let him see me weak and inferior because of his educational attainment and achievements.

Clashing Heartsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें