Introduction

VALENTINE ⁑Introduction

VALENTINE
Introduction

✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧

      FOR AS LONG as she could remember, Davina Covey was devotedly fascinated with the concept of one thing — love. So much so that she buried her nose in endless books reading about it, hoping that one day she might be able to experience the feeling that drove people mad. At least, that was the dream.

Davina Covey has never been in love. She's never had a valentine, or a boyfriend, or anything even remotely close to a relationship, but she does have a secret. Since she first arrived at Hogwarts, she has had five crushes. Each time she gets a crush so intense, she writes a letter and divulges her feelings on the parchment, leaving nothing out. She writes like they'll never read it, because they never will. She notes down every second thought, every careful observation, everything she's saved inside her. When she's done, she seals it, addresses it, and places it in a small wooden box that's been with her since birth.

There were five love letters in total.

There was Edgar Bones from third year Herbology; Orion Black, the older brother of Sirius and Regulus Black and a seventh year Slytherin (Davina accidentally bumped into in the Great Hall, and then helped her stand before flashing her a charming smile); Fabian Prewett from the party the Hufflepuffs threw for Christmas fourth year, in which he had invited her to dance; James Potter from second year in which Davina attended her first party and spent seven minutes in heaven with the boy (needless to say all the two did was share a chaste kiss, spending the other six minutes and twenty seconds talking and asking each other questions); and lastly, there was Peter Kavinsky — her oldest and closest friend. Five letters, five boys, and five hopeless crushes.

They aren't love letters in the strictest sense of the word, but to Davina, they are letters in which she divulges her love. Her letters are for when she wants to let her feelings go, to say goodbye to the feelings that she knows will never truly happen. Writing these letters sets her free, or at least it's supposed to.

No one was ever supposed to see her letters... much less receive them.

✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧

STARRING

STARRING ⁑