v. The Proposal

Chapter FiveThe Proposal

Chapter Five
The Proposal

✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧

      "James Potter, what are you doing here?" Davina asked curiously, feeling the gaze of Ikki shift between the boy and her.

      "Wanted some food and I come here often. Isn't that right, Ikki?" James smirked and turned to the house-elf.

The small being nodded vigorously. "Mr. James is very kind! He treats Ikki almost as good as Ms. Davina Jeanne! Can Ikki get Mr. James something?"

"A milkshake would be splendid, Ikki," James said. The house-elf nodded in compliance and went to fetch his order.

There was silence between the two before James spoke. "I actually asked your sister where you would be. She said you come here when you wanna be alone."

"She told you that did she?" Davina pouted her lips silently telling herself to scold her sister later for telling someone, especially James, about her safe haven.

"Look I just wanted to clarify that I appreciate it, I do, but it's just not going to—"

Davina turned to him in her chair, "Are you trying to reject me right now?"

He froze and knitted his eyebrows, "Y-yes? It didn't seem like it particularly came across as clear before and then you kissed me and—"

"James Potter, I do not want to date you," Davina stated promptly, interrupting his ranting for what seemed like the hundredth time.

He took in the words and nodded, "Oh, alright then... then you kissed me because?"

"Okay, I do not fancy you. In fact, I had to make it seem as if I fancied you, so someone else wouldn't believe that I fancied them," She explained, taking sips of her milkshake after anxiously. She hummed in enjoyment when the strawberry flavor reached her taste buds and felt momentarily calm.

    James raised an eyebrow, "Who?"

Davina's eyes widened and she turned away not wishing to tell him.

"Covey, you have to tell me who this mystery bloke is or else I'm just going to live my life believing that you will be putting a love potion in my drink every day and then I'll eventually dehydrate from lack of fluids," James said and sipped his own chocolate milkshake, a smirk forming across his lips when he noted Davina's reaction.