vii. Method to Their Madness

Chapter SevenMethod to Their Madness

Chapter Seven
Method to Their Madness

✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧ ─ ✧

Davina had successfully avoided Peter Kavinsky the last few days, which wasn't a difficult challenge. The two only had one class together (despite being both Gryffindors) and that was Transfiguration (Davina was in and out of that class after than lightening). In the mornings, she was one of the first at breakfast and spent the other meals in the kitchens with Ikki in order to avoid the boy, which seemed to be working well in her favor.

       Davina and James only had few short conversations since their last meeting and James suggested they officially present themselves at a couple on Friday at lunch, where everyone would be eating and doing their homework.

       "Are you ready?" James asked. Davina bit her lip anxiously and glanced at the doors of the Great Hall.

      "Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe we should just call it off? I mean I'm pretty sure I can just hide for the next two years and then—"

      "Covey," James interrupted her, placing his hands on her upper arms. His eyes trailed down noting how small her figure was compared to his own. "No backing out now. It'll be fine. Do you trust me?"

      Davina froze. Did she trust him? She had told him about the letters, mainly because he had demanded an explanation but nonetheless, she told him. She thought for a second. James Potter was a notorious for his mischievous antics and appeared loyal to his friends... but could she trust him? She found herself wanting to say yes, but hesitation made her bow her head.

      James placed his fingers under her chin and titled her head up. "Covey, this isn't gonna work if we can't trust each other."

      He had a point. She let her lip go and nodded, staring up at him, "Okay. I trust you, James Potter. No secrets."

      "No secrets, Covey," he said and wrapped an arm around her. The crease of his under arm was over his shoulder and his hand stretched down across her back to her waist. Davina walked at his pace and entered the Great Hall, breathing in sharply when eyes met them. James knew Davina was nervous, she never had been one to be the center of attention. He found it odd. She was good looking — very good looking, if he was being honest — so he figured that she was either determined to hide in the shadows or the entire world was completely blind to have missed her.

      Sirius let out a whistle when he saw the two, a grin forming on his face. "Blimey, James!" He called which attracted the eyes of everyone who wasn't already looking at them.