Mister Stark

POV SWITCH: ALANA

Peter seemed excited.

He'd gotten home from school carrying an envelope and had jumped around the room as soon as the door had closed.

"Mr. Stark sent me an invitation for one of his science conventions this weekend!" He told me excitedly as he showed me a piece of paper covered in black gibberish.

I tilted my head at it, what was a science convention? I chirruped at him and leaned closer to the paper, squinting.

"Mr. Stark is the boss of a huge science company and he invited me to go with him!" Peter explained in a rushed tone.

I chirruped again and clapped my webbed hands together in excitement.

Peter never really got very excited over things, so this must be exciting!

I swished my tail around the pot I was in.

He stared at me as a look of realization came over his face, "I can't leave you here..." he sat on the edge of his bed.

He sat there for a moment before snapping his fingers, "Ned," was all he said.

He snatched his phone off of the bed and started typing. He gave a sigh of relief a few moments later.

"Okay, so you're going to Ned's house for the weekend while I go to that..." Peter leaned back on his bed in relief with a grin on his face.

He laid there for a few moments before he shot back upright, "It's Thursday," he realized.

He jumped off of the bed and went straight into his closet, "That means we're leaving tomorrow," clothes were flung over his shoulder and in the general direction of his bed as he searched for things to pack.

I watched him do this for five minutes before he stepped out of the closet holding a duffle bag.

He moved towards the pile of clothes on the floor, tossing the bag onto the bed before digging through the pile.

He held up a shirt to me, "Yes? No? Maybe?" He asked.

I squinted at it before nodding my head, it was a black shirt that had some words on it I couldn't read. I pointed at a red and black flannel he had on the bed as well.

His attention followed my finger, "This with this?" He asked as he picked up the flannel. He looked at the two before shrugging, "Okay,".

He shoved the two items in the bag with two pairs of jeans. He also shoved a set of the clothes he usually wore to school, his sweater with a collared shirt.

"Just in case," he muttered to himself.

He went back into his closet and grabbed another shirt and shoved it into his bag as well.

"That should be good right?" He looked back over at me.

I leaned against the side of the pot and pointed at my teeth.

He face-palmed and muttered, "I knew that," as he disappeared into the hallway to get his things from the bathroom.