Two Weeks Later

I had kept Alana in the jar in the desk drawer for the last two weeks.

She seemed to be getting depressed, I didn't blame her.

It took me two weeks to even consider going back to school.

Mister Stark even let Ned come over sometimes, he bought us LEGO sets to assemble. I appreciated Mister Stark.

.

.

.

"Hey Happy," I greeted as I got in the car.

"Hey Pete, how was your first day back?" he asked, glancing at me in the rearview mirror as he pulled away.

"It was okay... I have a lot to catch up on," I informed him.

"Yeah, but you're smart. It won't take you long to catch up," he said.

"And I have JARVIS," I joked.

Happy rolled his eyes with a small smile, "Yeah... and you have JARVIS,".

The remainder of the car ride was in silence.

.

.

.

Miss Potts was sitting in the living room waiting for me when I got back. Miss Romanoff was with her.

"Hey Peter, how was school?" Miss Potts asked.

I spared Miss Romanoff a glance before answering, "It was okay, I have a lot to catch up on though,".

"That's great! Tony and I wanted to give you your own space. Natasha and I wanted to give you some customization options. We won't take too much of your time so you can get to your homework," she informed me.

I hadn't realized I was causing that much of an issue for them...

I tried not to let it show on my face, but the Widow saw through me, "They want you to be more comfortable, be able to make something your own," she informed me.

Miss Potts motioned a hand toward the seating area, there were a ton of paint swatches and furniture catalogs.

I sat down on the couch a bit awkwardly.

"JARVIS, can you bring up the layout of Peter's floor?" Miss Potts requested.

A floor? I got my own floor?

"Of course Miss Potts," JARVIS replied, a hologram appeared on the other side of the coffee table.

"Okay, so your floor has two bedrooms, a small kitchenette, a living room, and two bathrooms. Let's start with the walls first," Miss Potts suggested.

"Well... I like blues and greens?" I told them.

The Widow picked up two swatches of blue and green, "I think these pastels would look great throughout the floor,".

She was right, "Uh, Miss Potts?" I asked, looking over at her.

She smiled, "You can call me Pepper, Peter. You don't need to be so formal," she said lightly.

"Sorry, Pepper," it felt strange to call her that, "Can... Can I have an aquarium? In the living room?" I asked.

A big smile formed on her face, "Of course! Saltwater or freshwater?"