Busted

I came home from school two weeks after I had moved into my floor to everyone (except Bruce) sitting in my living room.

Natasha was leaning against the wall near the fish tank, and everyone else was seated on my two couches.

"Uh, hey guys... What's going on?" I asked.

Tony sighed heavily.

"So... Peter. I decided to come up here, make sure everything was going well, admire your fish tank, etc.," Tony started, standing up to move towards the tank.

I felt the color drain from my face, "Well, uh, I'm settling in great over here," I informed him.

Natasha raised an eyebrow, Steve had the 'Look of Disappointment'.

Tony did not look amused, "Well imagine my surprise as I'm standing here, admiring your fish, and The Little Mermaid appears,".

As if on cue, Alana moved out of a hole in the decorative insert. She was wearing her red top.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I told him, not quite meeting his eyes.

He raised an eyebrow and pointed at Alana, "Really? You're going to deny this. She's right in front of me," Tony said, pointing at Alana.

I shook my head, "That... That's a fish," I informed him.

Clint looked like he wanted to laugh, Steve put a hand over his face.

"Really? This is just a fish? This tiny merlady is just a normal, everyday fish," Tony asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yep," I answered, my lips forming a thin line.

Tony sighed, looking at the ceiling before rubbing a hand down his face, "Peter don't lie to me. Where did you find the mermaid?" He questioned, his hand still over his face.

There was silence for a few moments. "Aunt May's fire escape... She was in a paper bag," I informed quietly.

"Who left her there?" Natasha asked, stepping forward.

"I don't know, but she's my friend," I told them, looking over at Alana.

Alana put her hand on the glass.

There was a heavy sigh from Tony as he looked from me to Alana. "Okay, okay fine. Just... don't keep this kind of stuff from us, okay? Promise me that,".

I felt a wave of relief, "Okay, I promise,".