Kirika the Seducer (Pt. 1) (Ninja Shadow)

((Big thanks to Saeren2003 and ih0peyoureforever for helping to choose the first chapter!! Thanks for being amazing!! Hope you enjoy it!))

"What was Makoto thinking?" Asagi sighed as he leaned against the wall of my room. I was on the other side of the changing partition, getting ready for our job. As I pulled on my kimono, I listened to him talk with Ukyo and Eduard who were also doing the job with us.

"Yeah. For something like this, even Yuzuki would be more effective." Ukyo agreed with Asagi's thoughts.

"Makoto would not have suggested Kirika do this job if he didn't believe she was capable." Eduard was the only one expressing any faith in me. Misguided faith, but I appreciated it. Ukyo and Asagi were right to doubt Makoto.

Stepping out to see them, I grabbed my naginata, splitting it in two as I shoved it in my kimono. 

"The more I think about it, Ki might be perfect for this job." Turning to Ukyo, I saw him grinning at me. I had no idea why he changed his mind but I just shrugged.

'Ready to go?'

When they nodded, I put away the note and tucked my writing things in my pockets. As soon as we left out my window, the cool night air hit us. I let out an involuntary shiver as I wrapped my arms around myself. I was wearing a thinner kimono than normal. The collar was opened and exposing an ample amount of my breasts. With my hair and makeup done, I passed for a prostitute. But that also meant that I was really cold now. 

"Let me carry you until we get to our destination." Eduard scooped me off my feet as he nimbly jumped up onto a nearby roof with the other two. He didn't wait for a response from me because then he would have been waiting for a very long time. I just allowed him to hold me as he ran over the rooftops, enjoying his warmth. 

I thought about our job. We had proof that the target was blackmailing business owners and forcing them to pay him for protection against, well, him. It was stupid. Due to his appreciation for prostitutes, Makoto decided that I would be the one to make him confess his crimes so that the others could deliver justice. It was a stupid plan though. I didn't talk to my friends, let alone strangers. How was I supposed to make a guy talk?

"You sure you'll be able to handle this, Kirika?" Asagi raised his eyebrow at me as we arrived on top of the brothel. Eduard set me down, letting me stand on my own.

I shook my head as I gave him a look. Ukyo laughed as he shifted his body, blocking me from the wind. 

"You'll do fine. Besides, we'll be there to back you up. You can count on us." He gently pat my hair, careful not to mess up my do. 

"Stay safe." Eduard gave my hand a light squeeze.

"Don't do anything stupid." Giving my back a little push, Asagi let me hop off the roof and enter the building. I knew they'd get into the ceiling safely and watch what room I entered. 

I waited near the entrance with a few other prostitutes. They shared some gossip about the latest visitors, teased each others' hair and more girl stuff. I stayed a little apart from them. I knew I had to blend in, but I had a difficult time with women. Well, I had problems with all people, but I was more accustomed to men. Grew up with only brothers and hung out with the men of the vigilante. I guess I had Haru, but she was on her own level. 

Every man that entered overlooked me. I didn't mind. They weren't the target and I wasn't smiling. 

I hate Makoto so much for this...