Kirika the Seducer Pt.2 (Ninja Shadow)

((Part two of Saeren2003 and ih0peyoureforever amazing suggestion! Hope you like it! Felt like I needed to have Ki in a little lighter story after the most recent chapter of The Quiet Ninja. Enjoy!))

"Please stay safe, Kirika." Yuzuki gave me a desperate look as he  held my shoulders. I nodded my head while I sighed in exasperation.

"Don't do anything reckless. We'll be just above you if things go sideways." Shintaro was next to speak to me in a stern tone. I gave him a nod as well and they finally seemed satisfied enough to let me handle things on my own. I watched the pair jump up onto the rooftop, leaving me alone with Kagura.

"Are you... sure you are ready... for this?" I saw worry flash in his vibrant green eye and nodded once more. I made my expression a fraction softer since it was Kagura. I knew how worried he got about things. His expression turned a little harsher as he quickly pulled me into his chest, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"Don't be stupid and stick to the plan. We'll bail you out if you mess up." Homura's words were a little harsh but I didn't care. He was showing he was worried in his own way which I had to appreciate. 

At last he jumped up with the other two. I straightened out my kimono from the hug and pulled the collar open a bit. I didn't care too much about showing skin. So long as no one tried touching where I was exposed. But I couldn't be picky with that today. I was on a job with the three guys and wouldn't you know it, I was the distraction. Again. I didn't mind being the distraction. Sometimes. If I got to kill the target myself, it made it a little easier to smile. But that wouldn't happen with Shintaro and Yuzuki here. Kagura didn't always like when I did the killing, but he typically didn't stop. Homura was always too quick for me to even try. 

The target tonight liked finding women to sell as prostitutes. He would either threaten them, blackmail them, or hurt them in order to make them do what he wanted. He also apparently liked to sample the women first to make sure they'd make good prostitutes. It was disgusting. A man who filled his pockets on the misery of others. Of course, that practice was all too common in Nagasaki. And so I was dressed up, not quite like a prostitute, but made sure to show enough skin to draw his attention. I was also supposed to act drunk when he arrived because I didn't feel comfortable talking. 

After waiting for a short while, I saw Yuzuki poke his head over the edge and give me a signal. The target was on his way. Nodding, I began slowly walking down the alley, swaying slightly as I placed a hand on the wall for balance. It didn't take long to hear heavy footsteps behind me. 

"Hey there, beautiful. You feeling alright?" A deep voice was heard, dripping with a sickly sweet tone. I fought the urge to cringe when a hand was placed on my shoulder, forcefully turning me around, giving me a smile.

Shit... this isn't the target. What the hell are the guys thinking!? Aren't they supposed to be making sure no one else comes down here? 

I was at a loss of what to do and vaguely saw Shintaro look down, giving me a worried look. I wasn't sure what a look would accomplish since he was not doing a damn thing to help. 

Improvising, I mumbled a bit, slurring my already unintelligible words while pointing down the alley.

"You live nearby, sweetheart? Here, I'll take you." Grinning, the man wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me against him. I struggled to decide what to do when he called out to another figure walking down the alley towards us. "Hey! Look what I found."

"Ooo, she's a pretty one." Finally the target showed up, but it was different than what was originally supposed to happen. I personally didn't care about having to kill someone other than the target, especially since it was clear the first guy worked with he target. Besides, he'd see us kill his friend and the rule in the vigilantes is to kill anyone who learns our identity. I knew the four of us would easily be able to take down the pair without getting caught. Well, that plan went out the window fast because as soon as I thought that, another one of their friends joined us, the three of them now surrounding me as they discussed my looks. But since none of them said anything about what price I would get them, we couldn't act on killing them yet.