Kirika and Kagura's Children (Ninja Shadow)

((Thank you so much for this fantastic idea! WhiteSpiritPearl I hope I did your suggestion justice!))

I gave an almost silent groan as I rolled in my futon. The morning sun shone through my window, reminding me of work. I wanted to open the shop later in the day, but Makoto refused. Doesn't matter to him when we open though, he wasn't the one up until dawn reorganizing the storage room when a shelf broke. Even with Kagura's help, it took forever. That could have been due to our argument from a few nights prior, but who knows.

Knowing I couldn't stay in bed forever, I sat up, stretching my arms above my head. While rolling my shoulders, I began getting ready for work. I pulled on the kimono I laid out the previous night and did my hair simply. I even did my makeup. Since I didn't talk to people, the least I could do was to look sort of friendly. Makoto really enforced the friendly image of the Meiko Salon staff.

Yawning, I opened my wardrobe to grab my apron and delivery bag. Frowning, I looked on the floor of the wardrobe. There was a basket there, not very big, and filled with cloth. I didn't recognize it, nor did I remember how it got there. Grabbing my naginata, I silently brought the blade to the top piece of fabric, lifting it slowly.

I almost screamed.

Dropping my weapon behind me, I got on my knees and pulled off the cloth, making sure I saw correctly. There, in the basket, was an infant, sleeping soundly. From the lashes, to the face structure, it was easy to tell that it was a girl. She had beautiful black hair, and the a cute little button nose. I loved children, but they didn't typically like me. I was no good at jokes or story telling.

How did she get here? Who are her parents? What the hell?

I cast a worried look around my room even though I knew that I was alone. I had work, but I couldn't just leave the baby alone in my room. I carefully picked her up, cradling her tiny form in my arms. She stirred a bit, but stayed asleep. I couldn't help but choke up a little as I held her.

Walking quietly, I left my room and went to show Kagura. He didn't answer when I knocked on his door and I figured he was still sleeping. Either that or he was ignoring me. During a job the other night, I tripped up and Homura had to help me. When he lashed out, saying I wasn't good enough to do things alone, I slapped him. Of course, when I hit one of them, the other gets it too. It caused a big rift between us. But right now I couldn't focus on that. 

He's normally such a morning person... Damn it, Makoto. You demon boss...

Poking my head into his room, I saw that I was right. I went to wake him up, but felt something... weird. Turning, I frowned at his wardrobe. Carefully holding the sleeping girl in one arm, I opened his wardrobe and let out a silent cry. There, in the exact same way, was a basket. Sure enough, when I lifted the top blanket, I saw a sleeping baby. This one looked like a boy, his adorably small hands clutched his blanket. He had teal hair and his eyes were firmly shut as he slumbered. I tilted my head when I felt a sense of recognition.

Shaking my head, I hurried to Kagura, shaking him the best I could with one arm.

"Kirika...? What are you doing here...?" His eye opened slowly as he sat up, stretching his arms. When he focused on me, his green eye widened. "Why do you have... a baby...?

I gave him a desperate look as I shrugged, pointing at his wardrobe with urgency. Though seeming confused, he went over, making a weak noise of pain when he saw. He looked between me and the infant in my arms to the one in the basket. He was careful in picking him up, holding him a little awkwardly in his arms.