5,6.

A weirdly hard chapter to write. I don't think it's good enough but hey, an update lol.

Please make sure to vote and comment lots because you all love me and I love you

(need to spread love cause we all need it))

--

"Ammi, I get it. But I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I want to wear the flower jewellery."

I insisted.

I knew the latest trends were different but at the same time, I wanted to look completely unique on my actual wedding day.

I did not want to be one of those brides who got dressed up for their Mehndis and then looked absolutely ordinary at the baraat event.

My mother shook her head, disagreeing with me.

"No, you don't know. There are going to be the best people of the country in that mehndi. I don't want you to look ordinary."

It was true. Tonight was going to be the first function of the wedding, the first major one anyway, I could not even contemplate the kind of guests that the Prime Minister might have invited.

And they were all going to be staring at me. Even the thought was scary.

"Ammi, she is marrying the Prime Minister's son. She could go in rags and still look extra ordinary."

Saira argued, her eyes still in awe of the flower jewellery that got delivered for tonight's function. My mother however smacked away her hand.

"Shut up."

She put the other necklace around my neck, the one that she had chosen. It was beautiful but at the same time, it was nothing compared to the flower one.

"Ugh. Fine, it's not like I have a say anyway." I agreed, grumbling.

My mother sighed, looking at the jewellery deliverer.

"This one, please."

She mumbled, he nodded putting that box aside and packing the rest of stuff.

I was still trying on the jhumkas when my phone started to vibrate in my lap and I got up.

Zaydaan.

The Caller ID read.

I took a deep breath. We had not really talked on call after that day, but we had been exchanging texts.

Nothing too special, just a few exchanges of pleasantries.

"Hello?" I picked it up.

"Salam alaikum." He greeted.

I bit my lip upon hearing his voice.

It was Assalam alaikum, it meant peace be upon you. And the response to it was Walaikum assalam, peace be upon you too.

I wanted to correct him, tell him that it was actually assalam alaikum, not Salam alaikum. But I didn't.

Everytime I heard him talk to me, my mind went more and more away from our very first exchange.

It was like a spell.

"Walaikum Assalam. How are you?" I greeted instead, being as polite as I could be.

"I'm good. You?"

I'm not fine. I don't know you and tonight is our mehndi and I'm still freaked out about everything.

I don't know if you're genuinely nice to me or if you're simply acting a certain way.

I don't know if you care about me or not, I don't know if you care about how I am or how I look, I don't even know if you find me beautiful, I don't know anything about you.