26.

Zaydaan filled update. Vote. Comment and tell me what ya'll think.

I need lots of comments because it is a damn big chapter. Okay? Okay!!

,

__

Aaina x Zaydaan

Aaina x Zaydaan

The coldness of the weather didn't even make her flinch as she finally stepped out of the car with shaky legs and a wildly beating heart.

She didn't know how much time it took for her to be transferred into another car and then to the Prime Minister house, the safest place in the city.

She didn't understand how her legs carried her into the living room where there were several people around them, a woman telling her to drink water, a female doctor asking her if she felt alright, so many people, too many people.

How did she go from texting Zaydaan to bending down in the car while Sami pressed himself against her, shielding her from the bullet sounds.

Too many gunshots, broken glass, the car was bullet proof but the glass obviously wasn't.

Their driver was shot twice in the shoulder. Even Sami had a bullet wound on his leg but he had still insisted on not leaving the first lady.

There was heart ache, fear of her husband, stress about her family but nothing compared to this. This fear, this feeling, I literally could have died.

I actually could have died.

That was all she could think about.

There were so many people around them, so many men and women asking her if she was okay. But Aaina was completely quiet.

She couldn't speak, couldn't say a word.

And then, there was silence.

Zaydaan stood in the doorway, not walking ahead as he observed her from head to toe, his jaw clenched in anger and his eyes still staring at her.

He watched her like a hawk, he observed her slightly parted thighs, her lowered head and the way her legs would tremble once or twice.

Aaina shut her eyes tight, slight ringing in her ears reminding her of the gunshots that had gone off an hour ago.

She tried to not remember it, but how could she not remember it?

It was the scariest thing she had ever felt in her entire life.

"Give me this." Zaydaan muttered to a woman who was holding a glass of water as he sat by Aaina's side.

"Aaina," He whispered, not wanting to startle his already scared wife.

Her eyes met his, as she turned around at his concerned voice.

"Drink some water."

She frowned, not saying a word and drinking a sip or two from the glass before pushing it away.