20.

--

--------

The Pakistani Prince finally takes oath as the 22nd Prime Minister of Pakistan. The youngest Prime minister in the history of the country.

Following his father's footsteps, the former foreign minister and chairman of Pakistan's largest political party, Zaydaan Ziagil finally took oath as the twenty second Prime Minister of Pakistan.

PM Ziagil had run a populist campaign this year, promising his people the same change that his father had promised five years ago.

Former PM, Idrees Ziagil sat in the front row, tearful as he watched his son take oath as the new Prime Minister.

Dressed in an all black Sherwani, the Prime Minister took oath at the Aiwan e Sadr in Islamabad.

PM Ziagil swore to "bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan", and to "discharge my duties and perform my functions honestly, to the best of my ability... and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of Pakistan" at his oath ceremony.

Chief of the army staff, naval chief, Air Marshall Aslam, ambassadors of various countries and several famous personalities were present at the oath taking ceremony.

Prime Minister Ziagil's wife, Aaina Zaydaan was also present at the oath taking ceremony.

Dressed in a beautiful fancy shalwar kameez, she sat at the front row, smiling as she saw her husband take oath. PM Ziagil had disrupted the rumours of his marriage being a political alliance just months before the general elections.

Talking to the state run, PTV, Prime Minister Ziagil's brother and debutant member of the national assembly, Ahad Ziagil said "It's a very big day for not only my family but also for the whole country. My brother is very dedicated to bringing change in this country, the change that was promised five years ago is still under process, people are happy with us and under my brother's guidance, I'm sure they'll be ecstatic."

After taking the oath, PM Ziagil and First Lady Aaina greeted guests. Later, Mr Ziagil was presented a guard of honour at the Prime Minister House.

Pakistan hopes to flourish under the new democratic government. PM Ziagil and his supporters are hopeful that the fresh blood will change the fate of Pakistan.

Following are the images from yesterday's oath taking ceremony.

Prime Minister Zaydaan Ziagil in a custom made J. Sherwani.

 Sherwani